cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagliatelle/ham/carbonara

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Tagliatelle/ham/carbonara

From Lidl. 2 medium onions, 1/2 pack mushrooms/300gramme ham trimmings (100 gramme left for pea and ham soup)  Other sources - 200 grammes (1/2 a pack) fresh tagliatelle, you can used dried or macaroni/penne. 350 gramme tub carbona, got it in Lidl before, Italian week? None this week. Chop as illustrated. Fry onion, when soft add mushrooms, meanwhile fill a large pan boiling/oiled /salted water cook pasta as directed on pack. Add carbonara sauce to vegetables when hot stir in ham trimmings. Drain pasta. Serve or mix together in the pan and serve, a few cherry tomatoes won't go adrift. If you have seen similar before tarantula is acting as my complaints advisor.  @harryflatters@Tarantula@Stixxee

14 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Tagliatelle/ham/carbonara

sounds good I've always fancied that but never got around to making it, tub of carbonara is a good idea to try out & then if I liked it I could have a little go at making my own.

We're never gonna survive, unless,we get a Lidl crazy
Trusted Contributor

Sounds good and looks good @Tombola we are very fond of that dish with tagliatelle.  swmbo also does a wonderful languine dish with green pesto, cherry tomatoes, 1 shallot finely chopped, 3 finely chopped sweet pickled red peppers, finely diced chorizo and/or bacon with grated parmesan on top to finish - lovely!

Valued Contributor

That pack of ham trimmings at a full Scottish pound in weight is very good value at £1.35 ?, ( the supplier is Scottish, hence weighed in S/pounds) other pounds are available, English pounds, compounds. @Nessie@Stixxee@harryflatters

Valued Contributor

To be honest its cheaper to buy ready made, unless you live in the back of beyond and only have McColl. But it can be frozen. @Nessie

Trusted Contributor

Not fair. Hungry @Tombola@harryflatters@Nessie

Rage and Love
Valued Contributor

I find the carbonara sauce in the tub rather rich. With all those lovely ingredients you show in the picture I personally would omit the carbonara and make a plain white sauce and add to the other ingredients and adjust the seasoning to our liking. The carbonara sauce out of the tub always has a slightly smoky and sour taste to me, only used it once. Horses for courses,@Tombola
Valued Contributor

Just you stick to your archieing. Duties and leave the recipes to me. @Tarantula

Valued Contributor

Made it again tonight and used Campbell's condensed mushroom soup for the sauce, it was truly splendid,sent the empty can to Andy Warhohl can't imagine why he wanted it. @harryflatters@Tarantula@Stixxee

Respected Contributor

Sounds like my kind of thing. Thanks for the recipe @Tombola

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016