cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hash Browns made in a waffle maker.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hash Browns made in a waffle maker.

This is a friends recipe for making Hash Browns in a Waffle maker. The recipe she gave me is enough for 2 people but I think you may need to make a few more once you taste them Smiley Happy

Recipe

• 1 large potato, finely shredded and patted dry
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • salt & pepper
  • 3-4 dashes hot sauce
  • cooking spray

Preheat oven to 200F  just  to keep Waffles warm while makinf others.     Place a baking sheet on the middle rack.

Method

• Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Spray the iron with cooking spray.
  • In a medium bowl, mix half of the shredded potatoes ( it’s best to shred right before you plan on making each waffle) with 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, salt & pepper and a few dashes of hot sauce. Stir until well combined.
  • Place the shredded potato mixture on the waffle iron and cook until steam from the waffle iron dissipates and the waffle is crispy, about 10-15 minutes.
  • Place waffle in the oven on the baking sheet to keep warm and repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.

Serve waffles with your favourite ingredients.

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016
3 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Hash Browns made in a waffle maker.

Tried this but @harryflatters was waffling on so I made a hash of it.  @tommiesgirl

Valued Contributor

I do the same sort of waffle except I fry some smoked streaky bacon until crisp and crush them up to bits and mix them in with bits of pre-fried  onions. HeartHeart 

If you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, then join our forum
Respected Contributor

Sounds tasty.
I often cook bacon and mix it into our creamed potatoes so it probably makes sense that putting bacon in waffle mixture would be good too.

My mouth is watering at the thought Smiley Happy
If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016