Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Baileys Cheesecake

This the recipe I use for my daughters favourite Cheesecake but I don't always use the same base. I have used digestive biscuits and Oatcakes. The Outcakes were really enjoyed.you can use 20g of golden syrup mixed with the butter for a change, reduce the quantity of butter to about 75g

BAILEYS CHEESECAKE  This is for a 9inch cheesecake

INGREDIENTS

• 100g/3½oz unsalted butter  ( 20g of golden syrup mixed and 75g butter makes a change), 
  • 250g/8¾oz biscuits (crushed).
  • 450g/1lb Cream cheese such as Philadelphia (I use half Marscapone and half Philadelphia)
  • 1 decent shot of Baileys Irish cream (I use the Lidl equivalent)  
  • 100ml/3½oz icing sugar
  • 200ml/10½oz double cream
  • 60g/2oz chocolate (dairy or plain, as you prefer)

FOR THE ALMOND BRITTLE:

• 100g caster sugar
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 50g almonds, sliced and toasted

METHOD

1. Gently melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the crushed biscuits and mix until the butter has been absorbed.
  2. Remove from the heat and, while still warm, press the mixture (using the back of a spoon) into the bottom of a lined 23cm/9inch spring-form or flan tin. Leave to set for one hour in the fridge.
  3. While it is chilling, grate the chocolate. Set aside in the fridge if your kitchen is warm.
  4. In a bowl, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
  5. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is soft. Beat in the icing sugar and a shot of Baileys. Fold in the whipped cream and three-quarters of the chocolate. When the mixture is smooth, smooth it evenly onto the biscuit base.
  6. Refrigerate and allow to set for at least two hours. Its best left overnight (if you can wait that long!)
  7. To serve, remove from the tin and decorate. You can either sprinkle the remaining grated chocolate over the top for a simple finish, or make some almond brittle to go on the top.

Method for Brittle

1. In a heavy frying pan, heat the caster sugar – keeping the heat low and let the sugar melt without stirring. While melting, put the almonds on a piece of baking paper. Keep swirling the pan to keep it from burning, then as soon as it's melted, remove and pour over the almonds in a thin layer. Allow to cool then crack into pieces, smashing some of the pieces with a rolling pin for smaller bits.
  2. Sprinkle the brittle over the cheesecake top.

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016
Trusted Contributor

Re: Baileys Cheesecake

Now this is my kind of cheesecake @tommiesgirl you know I have a thing for Baileys.

All good things come in Lidl packages

We want Red, we want Red,
Ee Aye addio, we want Red (back)
Trusted Contributor

It's not just Baileys is it @Barb Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

What are you saying @mrsblazer anyone would think I enjoy any drink 😱

All good things come in Lidl packages

We want Red, we want Red,
Ee Aye addio, we want Red (back)
Trusted Contributor

I only made one of these once @tommiesgirl it was a Gino recipe. Noone could drive afterwardsSmiley Very Happy It eas delicious and he put Maltesers on it.

Regular Contributor

This cheesecake sounds amazing. I love Bailys and I love cheesecake so I think this is the perfect dessert for me!

Respected Contributor

hazey3 wrote:

This cheesecake sounds amazing. I love Bailys and I love cheesecake so I think this is the perfect dessert for me!

Same goes for me too @hazey3   love it. 

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!

Super Lidler of Class 2016
Frequent Contributor

When you mix the base, add some cinnamon.

Respected Contributor

Good idea, thank you @truhawk479
If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016