cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any good recipes for Lidl waffle maker

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Any good recipes for Lidl waffle maker

Bought a waffle maker from Lidl yesterday. I haven't had chance to try it out yet. There are some recipes included in the instructions so I may have a go at one later. I'm sure one of the Lidlers, possibly @Nessie said they make oatcakes in a waffle maker. Any unusual variations would be welcome I'm sure there are lots of things you can do with this machine.
I'll get by with a lidl help from my friends
14 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Any good recipes for Lidl waffle maker

I'm sure I heard that @harryflatters is our resident expert on waffling. @Roz @Nessie

Trusted Contributor

Ah, but I learnt from the master @Tombola in verse too sometimes Smiley LOL @Roz @Nessie

Trusted Contributor

Roz wrote:
Bought a waffle maker from Lidl yesterday. I haven't had chance to try it out yet. There are some recipes included in the instructions so I may have a go at one later. I'm sure one of the Lidlers, possibly @Nessie said they make oatcakes in a waffle maker. Any unusual variations would be welcome I'm sure there are lots of things you can do with this machine.

yes I do make my batches of staffordhire oatcakes in my waffle maker now as I found it easier than juggling pans on the stove, hubby bought me a double one made by von shef and I use that along side my single one from Lidl .It saves me a lot of time and I can do other things in the kitchen in between which is great. 

I haven't done any other recipes apart from the basic waffle recipe from the leaflet .I was looking at website  called something like will it or waffle or can I waffle it but have lost the link then forgot about it Woman LOL

anyway the lidl waffle maker is still going strong & I use it every couple of weeks

We're never gonna survive, unless,we get a Lidl crazy
please come back Lidl RED you are missed, especially by me!
Valued Contributor

I don't think I've ever had a waffle, are they like edible basket weave ? And lots of jam ? If they're nice I'm probably not allowed them. @Nessie@Roz@harryflatters

Trusted Contributor

You are right @Tombola you are not allowed any waffles! @Roz @Nessie Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

What are Staffordshire oatcakes and how do the differ from real oatcakes (Scottish) @Nessie@Roz@harryflatters which I am allowed.

Trusted Contributor

@Tombola both myself and homebaker have posted recipe & explanations here :Staffordshire-Style-Oatcakes 

I put style in the title as I've adapted the recipe a fair bit , here's a pic of how they look when I make them in the frying pan, but now I use my waffle makers instead.

We're never gonna survive, unless,we get a Lidl crazy
please come back Lidl RED you are missed, especially by me!
Trusted Contributor

Wow now they look amazing @Nessie well done

All good things come in Lidl packages

We want Red, we want Red,
Ee Aye addio, we want Red (back)
Trusted Contributor

Mr HB likes waffles with a dollop of Maple syrup and some cream (ideally the squirty stuff from a can!!) @Roz

@Nessieamazed you do oatcakes in the waffle maker, genius,  they become OatWaffles then! are they really basket weave style? post us a picture the next time you do a batch...Woman Very Happy  sounds like you're onto something there, plenty of space to hold the cheese.

We were discussing why commercially made oatcakes aren't like home made ones and came to the conclusion that it's to do with the thickness of the batter. Commercial manufacturers have to fill machines to deposit a regular 'slop' of batter on to the cooking surface and the nice thick oaty batter we make at home is probably difficult to control. It's also cheaper to use more flour than oats which is what many manufacturers are doing unfortunately, so home made is definitely best.