cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING, LIDL SPAM EMAIL

Respected Contributor

WARNING, LIDL SPAM EMAIL

I received a email supposidly from Lidl today. It said I had won £1000 in a Lidl gift card survey, and they were 'trying to reach out to me'  and give my details.  I haven't done a gift card survey of any kind and it went straight in my spam box anyway.  Just thought I would pass this on in case anyone else receives one that doesn't go to your spam box.  Please be aware.   

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016 / 2017 Mincepie Maverick and Rebel roaster
28 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: WARNING, LIDL SPAM EMAIL

Whoever is doing these supposed scams are using the names of other supermarkets too. I have had several in the past few weeks.

Respected Contributor

I have had them too over the past year @Eccles but it's the first time from Lidl.  

Respected Contributor

I like my spam with chips and Heinz spaghetti, discuss. @Jade@Eccles@Sx@harryflatters

Trusted Contributor

'Would that also be with 'Phish'-ing' and Silicon Chips?. @niceguy

@Jade@harryflatters@Eccles

Respected Contributor

Priceless @homebaker what a hoot!! Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Tombola wrote:

I like my spam with chips and Heinz spaghetti, discuss. @Jade@Eccles@Sx@harryflatters

Branded spaghetti @niceguy ? I thought you claimed to be of ‘peasant’ origin. Rather upmarket don’t you think? I would have assumed some generic ‘chopped pork and ham’ with spaghetti shape misfits and refried left over potato remnants.

methinks his lordship has been fooling us all this time.

Rage and Love
Respected Contributor

Thanks for that @Jade not had that one - well, so far!!  Funnily enough, I've just this moment had one, apparently from Paypal.  I've never ever had anything to do with that in my life and in any case they had spelt it 'paypaol'!  Yet another on the 'blocked' list! 

Respected Contributor

PayPal's fab and safe, @harryflatters.  Been using it for years and not had a problem.  I shall try to use it in Portugal, if I run out of Post Office money card Euros.

Respected Contributor

My hubby uses paypal and mostly it is ok but he has had a few emails that were not from them!!   @Duchess  @harryflatters