cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher refused!

Respected Contributor

Voucher refused!

Today I picked up a Wrights carrot cake mix, a good cheat to keep in the cupboardSmiley Happy I had a voucher from Wrights for 50p. I handed it to the cashier, who shook his head and informed me they don't take them. He then called his supervisor who informed me that they didn't recognise the voucher. I politely told them to take the mix off my bill.

I then visited MrT, the same mix was cheaper and they accepted my voucher.

I was annoyed as the voucher was from the manufacturer and says it can be used in all retailers where their products are on sale.

Sorry Lidl but not good serviceSmiley Sad

11 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Voucher refused!

Lidl have regularly (and even always) refused to take vouchers (except their own of course). Lidl management have oviously decided not be a 'retailer' and have redifined the word ALL.

Maybe there needs to a prominent message on the main site, as well as here as to why @Lidl do not accept manufacture's vouchers. Perhaps they are starting to shoot themselves in the foot.

Frequent Contributor

Trusted Contributor

No store or company is obliged to accept vouchers, they are a load of extra work to process, again down to staffing levels. If yo want a high level of service/staffing you need tto shop where that's on offer and pay their prices. Pound stretcher operate the same policy. @mrsblazer Mr  Gus name doesn't work on the @Mr__Gus 

Frequent Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Respected Contributor

I agree with you to a point @Tombola but surely if stores are going to sell these products they should except their vouchers, as it encourages sales. 

I also agree with @Tanith and @Mr__Gus, Lidl should ensure their customers are aware of policies regarding vouchers by adding the details to their website and perhaps a small notice visible by the tills or somewhere visible to all customers.

Obviously if customers decide to shop elsewhere to use their vouchers they will end up buying more than just that one item.

A lot of people don't have the time to visit various stores, or shop around, so they get all their shopping in one place.

If people collect vouchers to cut costs they are naturally going to shop where its cheaper for them, its just common sense.

In this day and age I don't think any company can afford to turn away any business, just one customer leaving is one too many.

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Lidl obviously feel they don't need to accept vouchers to retain customers. You can go to Tesco, voucher accepted, total shop £10.00 more. Result ? That's why they are not worried. Think about how many product vouchers are issued then the amount of work involved claiming the money back from hundreds of companies, major issues for the cash office. You'll be asking for trolley collectors and packers next, cut price shopping means just that. @tommiesgirl just telling it like it is.

Respected Contributor

Actually my first proposal is for Lidl to accept manufacturers' vouchers - as said there is a contractual obligation between suppliers and retailers. Also as stated if people are going to use them then they will buy more than just that product from another retailer.

Given (at this moment) that Lidl do not accept them, perhaps something on their web site stating what vouchers are accepted (Lidl's own are one, those in the newspaper and Lidl magazine are two further ones) is probably the best we can hope for.

Respected Contributor

Well said and seconded @Tanith Smiley Happy
If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017