Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Singer overlocker

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Singer overlocker

Hi all,

i bought the singer S14-78 Overlocker on Sunday. It is a fabulous machine at a great price. Easy to follow instructions threaded by tying on new thread to original threads used to set up not noisy. My last overlocker was a brother which I got secondhand and was quite noisy. No spools supplied so make sure you have some at hand. You can buy the moon threads in the sewing shop in dart ford. We’ll packaged and very substantial. I recommend this to any sewer great value for the price a£100.00 cheaper than Amazon. 

2 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Singer overlocker

Needless to say, I have no idea what one of these is @Mum2sew but delighted that you are pleased with yours!  A big welcome to the forum, we love to see new members.  There's lots of stuff on here so have a good look round.  You might find a group (toolbar above here) that suits your interersts (fashion and beauty) and there is certainly a few on here who share your interest in sewing etc.  You and @CrochetAddict should get together Smiley Very Happy hope to chat again soon!

Respected Contributor

Re: Singer overlocker

This takes me back. I moved to Leeds in the late sixties when it was still the capital of tailoring, all the big names in tailoring were there Burton.Hepworth , John Collier. Nearby in wakefield were the massive double two and C&A shirt factories. This was the era when young men went out in suits at the weekend, they even went to the seaside Brid,Scarborough, etc. On Sunday trips in suits.  The point of this story was the papers sitvac. columns filled with adverts for overlockers

Experienced machinists were called overlockers. @harryflatters @Mum2sew