cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product reviews

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Product reviews

Given the number of items that Lidl sells, it does seem a shame that there are so few reviews. It also means that, for example the Deluxe Pulled Venison Cracker, if someone (me) got one that was a bit dry and someone else ( @Tarantula ) got one that was just right, there are not enough reviews to allow an informed judgement. Was I just unlucky or was Tarantula just lucky? We do not know. It is really disappointing that people do not leave more reviews on products. However, theer are only a few regulars on here.

10 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Product reviews

Hi @Tanith

Thank you for your comment. 

We do encourage people to leave product reviews when they can. If anyone is interested in leaving a comment they can access the product review section here

Best wishes, 

My Lidl Team
Respected Contributor

I won't be able to help with the venison 'wotsit' @Tanith since swmbo doesn't like venison Man Sad unfortunate because I love it!! Still, I have tried to do my bit on the 'product review' front and will continue to do so. Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

You are so right @Tanith.  Same thing happened with another product - Pie to share Venison and merlot pie with shortcrust base and beautiful puff pastry topping.  Very disappointing for me.  It was full of gravy, very nice gravy you could really smell and taste the wine.  Venison braised with some carrots which were visible but the whole  pie only contained about five small pieces of meat.  Whereas @JustJoy had one of these pies and her's had loads of venison in the pie, she even took a photo.

Respected Contributor

Perhaps @Lidl it is not done (that often) because it can be difficult to find a particular item. The way that product reviews section is set up is terrible, expecially when compared to the new recipe section, with its tags and sections. Even the new recipe section will outlive its design as more recipes get added. The important thing is to get the basics right then everything else can come together.

@Tarantula- all a bit hit and miss!

Trusted Contributor

To be honest, I find the Product Review site a bit hit and miss and I reviewed quite a few, usually on the products I do regularly buy, food and other household items and pet food, having a dog and a cat.  The items sometimes that come up in the  general run of items go from one extreme to the other ie a cleaning product followed by an alcoholic product.  I only pass comment on items we use or buy and try and pass comment.  If the flow of products don't flow to my way, I loose interest and switch off. @Tanith

Respected Contributor

A novel way of handling reviews is to be able to put in your shopping list (and be able to save it - since you might be buying the same items each week) so that all the items come up and you can then select each one to review.

Valued Contributor

As I've pointed out many times the reviews section lists products that were withdrawn years ago eg Steeplewood Cider and has photos showing out of date packaging eg Hatherwood Ruby Rooster Ale

Respected Contributor

@gruner- Not only do withdrawn items need to be removed from the review site (or at least have a large WITHDRAWN emblazoned across the item and tagged as withdrawn) but any item that has had its recipe changed or supplier changed needs to be amended so that people do not confuse an earlier (and no longer applicable) comment with the new product.

Respected Contributor

I agree with you Tanith, there are several items that have been changed because of new regulations. It would be useful to be able to compare the feedback on these kind of things by having a 'Now' and 'Then' section.

I find it frustrating when things are not removed so new items can be put in their place.  Some items have been withdrawn for ages and yet they are still in the product reviews. 

It would be ideal if this section was updated on a regular basis then perhaps there would be more members who review items. 

In the past I have bought items because of the opinion of others and I am sure I am not alone, so this is a really impirtant area of our forum in my opinion.

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017