cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lidl -- victim of its own success

Highlighted
Visitor

Lidl -- victim of its own success

Having been a regular customer at the local Lidl for a number of years I have come to the conclusion that the company is, in a way, outgrowing its strength. Whereas at one time everything ran smoothly so that, for example, there were always the bags for bakery products, the rolls of plastic bags for vegetable were always replenished and the leaflets were on the stand by the out door this is not always the case. 

Whether it is due to lack of staff, inadequate staff training or good managers having been promoted or otherwise moved on I don't know. I just feel that the regular staff  who are, in general, excellent and friendly, often seem to be quite stressed these days. 

2 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lidl -- victim of its own success

Yes, there does seem to be a bit more stress in some of the staff these days. Are some of the managers not so well trained in staff moral these days one wonders. It's actually a very important matter and as a former excutive in a large engineering company I can tell you that if I noticed that managers were adopting bullying tactics I would soon get rid of them if they could not ameliorate their behaviour.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lidl -- victim of its own success

I concur. I do the same. Will not tolerate bullying. Whenever I recruited anyone my first question (to myself) was 'will they fit in with my existing team?'.