cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lidl Suggestions & Feedback

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lidl Suggestions & Feedback

Suggestion:

Sort out the length of the queues at the tills. Yesterday at about 5:20 I went into and then left a branch without purchase because there were at least 10 people woth baskets/trolleys at each of the three open tills, the others being closed. The problem (from visiting several different branches) is getting worse. I don't see why people should wait 15 minutes to buy their stuff.

Occasional Contributor

The same is often true in the morning: one till open between 0800 and 0900 when lots of people dash in on the way to work. Lots more are put off after the first experience because they don't have time to queue at that hour.

hi i would be interested to know if there are any plans to discontinue the use of black plastic food trays as in most cities these cannot be recycled.thanks

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Bakery after 5pm

I am a regular Lidl shopper and tend to visit my local Basingstoke store after work at around 5pm.

Upon arrival to the store, i always look at the selection on the bakery. I tend to always leave the store disappointed. On a typical evening whatever day of the week it is, there is always the bare minimum available. No cookies or doughnuts, no pastries, usually one or two battered french sticks left and nothing being freshly prepared.

I feel that if the store is closing at 6pm everyday this is acceptable. But when the store closes at 10pm i feel that the bakery should still be operational until at least 8pm.

Im sure the cost benefits of keeping the bakery open for an additional few hours would be offset against the bakeries extra custom.

Tags (2)
New Contributor

Hi!

I wonder if anyone at LIDL Westside Plaza, Edinburgh,  could clean all baskets. They are so dirty, you wouldn't  put your food in it.

Well it wasn't the best idea to introduce this kind of baskets.

regards

FF

Respected Contributor

Hello @Funny_Fun welcome to My Lidl,  it's great to have you join us.  

Regards your comment, it would be best if you contacted the manager of the store or put in a complaint to customer services. (customer.services@lidl.co.uk )  unless things are reported, nothing will get done to correct the problem unfortunately.   

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016 / 2017
Respected Contributor

Yes, @Funny_Fun @Lidl @Jade @Mattlofc25, it should be a regular thing to move all the trollies out of their pens and clean the ground underneath.  This is rarely or never done, in my experience.  Now, if Lidl see this and say they're done once a week or whatever, it sadly isn't enough.  Same probably goes for the baskets, which should be washed, at the very least, but I never use a basket, so can't comment.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely right!  It's definitely one area that needs improving @Lidl trolleys are frequently full of rubbish and paper etc. and the area around them is not exactly welcoming!  needs to improve and doesn't take that much effort or cost to do it.

Trusted Contributor

Even here at our Kitts Green store I noticed a lot of rubbish around, underneath and inside the trolleys and it has become worse since the holidays break. Lately on a regular basis I have to clear the trolley from rubbish including food bits. Come on @Lidl that is not you usual style.
Occasional Visitor

Dear Lidl
I have just returned from Mallorca. Why is there better choice of products and a much better quality bakery available there as opposed to here in the U.K.?
Regards
Simon