Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lidl Suggestions & Feedback

Highlighted
Community Manager

Lidl Suggestions & Feedback

Morning Lidlers! 

This thread is for all your suggestions and feedback regarding Lidl UK stores. Whether you'd like to see more of a certain type of product, for example, or a store in a new location, do let us know by leaving a message below.

If you'd like to leave a message regarding Lidl UK food and drink, you will find another thread dedicated to that HERE.

We're always listening to our customers, as that's how we continuously improve our quality, service and value.

Please remember that we can't respond to customer service matters here. Instead, you can find out how to contact our lovely customer service team HERE.

Best wishes,

My Lidl Team
338 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Lidl Suggestions

A Muscle Food section !!! Smiley Very Happy

Ideal for gym goers and healthy eating lifestyle in general. I currently source my items from well known on line companies, but it is a hassle ordering and waiting on delivery etc....

If LIDL had it that would be great. Steaks, kanagaroo, ostrich, eggs, porridge, sweet potatos etc....the list goes in...If this had a section to itself I guranatee it would be a winner and I don't know why other shops haven't yet caught upon this idea !!!

Thoughts ???

Trusted Contributor

Not sure  how well Ostrich eggs would sell! or Kangaroo either, as its a very gamey meat, but understand about the sports equipment. there was quite a lot of keep fit gadgets there this weekSmiley Very Happy

Add a Lidl Joy to your Life
Frequent Contributor

I was very dubious about buying Kangaroo when it came to our Lidl store and was determined not to like it but my husband said lets give it a go. Right up to the point when it was on my plate I knew i would hate it, how wrong could I have been.  It is the nicest steak I have ever eaten, tender with no gristle or fat and really tasty. 

If you are like me and really feel you would hate it go on have a bite I guarantee you will love it

Valued Contributor

Staceygrove - I so agree Kangaroo steaks are so tasty and always tender. Just love it and am glad that Lidl are stocking it.
Super Lidler Class of 2016 and 2017
Trusted Contributor

Thing is.....assuming we are meat eaters, I would rather eat a 'roo that's been shot when he/she was thinking about something else and getting on with Roo Stuff, than a poor ole beef or lamb in wet UK going to the slaughterhouse.

The meat is utterly delicioso, as is ostrich. Not sure I'd eat a koala, though. I suspect they are not marketed.
Valued Contributor

Duchess wrote:
Thing is.....assuming we are meat eaters, I would rather eat a 'roo that's been shot when he/she was thinking about something else and getting on with Roo Stuff, than a poor ole beef or lamb in wet UK going to the slaughterhouse.

The meat is utterly delicioso, as is ostrich. Not sure I'd eat a koala, though. I suspect they are not marketed.

@Duchess You are right 'roo meat is really delicious, so tasty and tender.  In fact we bought some yesterday - Lidl of course- and we are having it tomorrow.  It's thawing out slowly in the fridge and will be just right tomorrow. Hmmm... and it will fit in with my new diet as it is virtually fat free.

Flossy

Super Lidler Class of 2016 and 2017

What's the best way to cook the kangaroo steak to help keep is tender?

New Contributor

Tried Kangeroo when there was tehe BSE scare and have bought ever since when its been available.  Really good as so low in fat but full of lavour.

Trusted Contributor

Crikey - do kangaroos lay eggs?? Robot LOL