cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Delivery

Occasional Contributor

Home Delivery

I would seriously love Lidl to do home delivery!! I've heard so many customers say the same thing, it really would be a great success!! 

Chloe Baby Loves Lidl
11 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Home Delivery

Chloebaby (Hello again) it would be a good idea if Lidl did Home deliveries but I would hate to think prices and quality suffered because of it, as it would need to be cost effective for Lidl.

I see Aldi do wine deliveries but I don't shop there so I don't know about any other goods. I know its a subject that was covered a while ago on our site.

I think it would be really useful to have larger items delivered like cabinets, tents, some of the tools and gardening equipment because they can be cumbersome as well as heavy.

If I go shopping and my trolley is full a member of staff always offers to help me. Sometimes when I can't cope they have pushed my trolley out to the car and loaded it into the car for me because they know I have health issues.

I am happy to continue shopping at the Lidl store because it gets me out and the staff are so lovely. That is not to say I wouldn't welcome a delivery service in the future as long as Lidl remained as great as it is now.

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016
Trusted Contributor

I must a admit don't think I would use ho.e delivery.

I do tend to like to pick my own fruit and veg out myself. Plus I always come out with more than I went in for.

All good things come in Lidl packages

We want Red, we want Red,
Ee Aye addio, we want Red (back)
Respected Contributor

I am not sure about home delivery. If you shopped yourself and then they delivered it like Iceland or the Coop that may be ok but if it went like the larger supermarkets I would not use it.

Prices would have to go up as they would have to employ people to shop, you would have to have what the staff picked. So not the longest best befores  etc.

Respected Contributor

This has been discussed before.

The real benefit would be to able to select the Specials (especially for replacement parts) or heavy/bulky items.

Goods could be delivered to store (so no extra charge, just put on the lorry with the rest of the delivery); alternatively, delivered to your home after delivery to the store, so not really going out of the way, depending on the number of deliveries and no need for additional staff.

Could be delivered by one of the store staff during the day or even after the store closes. This could be done at minimal charge.

I would suggest going down the Aldi route (alcohol, specials, household) rather than the Tesco route (choosing items from the store).

New Contributor

I completely understand your point, however; I dont think people who drive realise how difficult it is for people who do not drive to do their shop, we are left with no choice but to shop with expensive supermarkets for deliveries, I have tried to get on buses with 10 bags of shopping and it is not easy, especially with 2 young children, as well as a health condition. I would be happy for pay extra for delivery with Lidl and the price would still be almost halved. I am sure Lidl's costs wouldnt go any where near the costs of Asda, Tesco etc. the hefty prices at average supermarkets are due to the name and brand, unlike Lidl. I beleive doing deliveries would make the customer population for Lidl go up a lot, I would certainly benefit from it, purely because of the fact of not being able to drive.

Community Manager

Hi @bethanhope

Thanks very much for your comments. Whilst Lidl doesn't currently have an online delivery option, rest assured we have been taking note of our customers' feedback and considering how to move forward. 

Best wishes, 

Lorna

My Lidl Team
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Whilst I do have every sympathy with those who lack mobility and can't easily get to a Lidl store, I really don't think home delivery is the way Lidl should go.  This has cropped up here a number of times.  It appears to be generally accepted that home delivery is a very expensive loss making operation for all the 'main' supermarkets which they would drop like a stone if they could.  It's losses have to be covered in the prices they charge on the stuff we buy.  They wish they had never started it but are now locked into it all the time 'the others' keep it up.  I live in fear of Lidl becoming the same as all 'the others' and tend to think that Lidl should do exactly the opposite of whatever 'the others' are doing!  It's the very fact that Lidl is materially different in how it goes about it's business that makes it what it is today - long may it continue @Lidl

Community Manager

Hi @harryflatters

Thank you for sharing those thoughts. We will say that Lidl UK is committed to continuing to open new stores across the country, with our aim being that everyone will eventually have a local Lidl!

Best wishes, 

Lorna

My Lidl Team
Respected Contributor

It can be really difficult to get to stores when anyone has health issues, buses are not always regular and there is seldom any help when we have lots of bags to carry. Taxis can be expensive and I know loyal Lidlers would much rather be able to shop regularly at their Lidl stores.

Perhaps we could get Lidlers to let us know their local store, so perhaps they could car share with anyone else in their area, who uses the same store.

I can't get to my Lidl stores without my husband as I am not allowed to drive now but I Know he would be happy to pick up anyone in our area that would like to go to our Lidl. As he says we are going there ourselves so one more doesn't matter Smiley Happy

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016