Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi!

Hello haw i can receive the club card ?
16 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Hi!

Hi @Roxana

Thank you for your question about the club card. Unfortunately, this would be a customer service question, so could I possibly suggest you contact them by emailing customer.services@lidl.co.uk or calling 0800 977 7766, and they’ll be happy to help you with your query. 

Best wishes, 

My Lidl Team
Respected Contributor

Lidl do not have a club card. There was a trial in 2015 in Scotland for a period of perhaps 8 weeks. I assume it was to investigate shopping habits, but nothing has come of it in terms of producing a loyalty card for Lidl UK.

Rather than make a statement, it seems that Lidl admin are moving to a purely admin position and removing themselves from any helpful responsibility.

Frequent Contributor

IMO a so called club card costs money, how could it not (check Lidl prices vs Tesco prices) therefore, it's just a confidence trick. I prefer a lower price rather than a club card point.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely agree @Eccles the last thing us Lidlers want is yet another 'card' of any description - at least I don't Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I second agree with that @harryflatters and @Eccles. More cards clutter up my purse for one thing but more importantly these cards mean more expense on our shopping. 

I think when a shop or whatever issue these cards they say you get discounts and points but watch how gradually the prices of the very basic items creep higher and higher. Either that or the shops start selling more inferior goods that end up in the bin 9 times out of 10.

Its just not worth it, I'd rather have high quality goods and value for money.

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017
Respected Contributor

There is a difference between a loyalty card and other types of card.

There is one way in which Lidl could aid its shoppers. Not throiugh reductions but through support. Imagine a Lidl Card that has information on it including your car registration (and I know that iot will have to be amended if you change cars) details. When exiting the shop, instead of having to remember and type in your car details (both of which several people are unable or unwilling to do) all you have to do is swipe your card (or this could actually be done at the checkout).

So, not a loyalty card but a Lidl Support card. It is true that other functions could be added to it, but let us think out of the box!

Trusted Contributor

Boots is good, though, @tommiesgirl @Roxana @Tanith @harryflatters @Tarantula.  I receive an extra 10% off some stuff, cos I'm an Old Person.  Long may it reign.

Trusted Contributor

Yes Boots is good and with all those extra points we Golden Oldies get for the stuff we buy, I get my stocking fillers for Christmas at Boots. With some of the 3 for 2, there can be quite a bit of saving or extra treats to be had. @Duchess

Trusted Contributor

Amendment to the above: It should be Golden Girls/Boys or Silversurfers