cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found my wages!

Highlighted

Found my wages!

Thank you so much to who ever it was that handed in my purse I lost at Lidl Bedford on Monday. I only noticed I has lost my purse when I got home and unpacked my shopping. It had my weeks wage in, I felt awful. As a long shot I went back to Lidl to see if it had been handed in. I was so surprised that it had and all my wages were there. To whoever was involved in this good deed,  than you so much,  it made me so happy and wanting to return a good deed to some other stranger.

7 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Found my wages!

There you are @katem8. There are still honest people about and you never know if he/she is a fellow Lidler, he/she most likely will read your post and will be as happy as you are now. I can imagine how worried you must have been.
Respected Contributor

How lovely @katem8 . Just shows that there are honest people in this world. 

Respected Contributor

That's really good news @katem8, how thoughtful of someone to pass the purse in in tact Smiley Happy  

You were so lucky the 'finder' was so honest, it makes a change to read about the good people in this world, after reading everywhere about awful people and their actions.

I hate losing things, especially money. I always say I would rather give things away, at least I know where it went.

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017
Respected Contributor

What a horrible feeling that must have been for you @katem8  but thankfully there are  more honest people about than not. 

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016 / 2017
Trusted Contributor

that bolsters belief in the goodness of most people @katem8 I know how unpleasant and awful that would have been for you until that wonderful relief when it was returned Smiley Very Happy wouldn't it be wonderful if we all look to do a little kindness to a stranger everday?  It doesn't have to a huge thing (like returning your lost wallet) - helping someone reach to a top shelf (I'm good at that, being tall!), picking up something they dropped, even helping someone struggling to get a trolley released?   I do try (not always successfully 'every day' but that doesn't put me off trying!) - hope you try as well! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I THINK LIDL GREAT, THEY CALL ME KATE

I SHOP IN LIDL BEDFORD

LAST WEEK I SHOPPED AS USUAL

TIME FOR MUCH PERUSAL

WENT THROUGH THE TILL

WITH TIME TO KILL

AND NOTHING SEEMED UNUSUAL

ALL TOO SOON THE DOOM AND GLOOM

MY PURSE WITH ALL MY CASH

I CANNOT FIND, OUT OF MY MIND

BACK TO LIDL I MUST DASH

FEELING MANIC, IN A PANIC

ARRIVING AT THE STORE

BUT PLEASED TO TELL, THAT ALL IS WELL

MY PURSE TO ME RESTORED

@katem8@Tarantula

Respected Contributor

Another great one from our resident Poet....  @Tombola  @katem8

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016 / 2017