cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fireworks

Community Manager

Re: Fireworks

Hi @Katharine932

I hope you found the fireworks you were looking for and are looking forward to your evening, it sounds like you have a great night planned!

Bonfire night is a great British tradition and a great excuse to get the family together whether you go to a firework display or have them at home. We would love to know what everyone gets up to, so please comment on our Bonfire Traditions post here.

Best wishes,

My Lidl Team
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Wholehearted apologies, no offence intended, hope you will accept. Regards  R.U.  @Katharine932

Respected Contributor

@Katharine932, as much as I don't like fireworks its not genuine people like you that cause the upset.

I have had you and your family on my mind all evening @Katharine932. I hope you had a wonderful time with your Mum, every minute is so precious Smiley Happy x

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017
Respected Contributor

Why don't the police just arrest those who misuse fireworks - THEY CAN KILL!

Valued Contributor

Tanith wrote:

Why don't the police just arrest those who misuse fireworks - THEY CAN KILL!

Minor issue to the Police @Tanith they'd rather be doing important stuff like painting the patrol cars rainbow colours or scouring the internet for perceived hate messages.

You no doubt read about their disgraceful recent performance in Cromer where they dismissed rampaging gangs of travelling criminals terrorising the town and an allegation of rape as "low level disorder". Any sackings you may ask ? No but predictably they grudgingly acknowledge there are "lessons to be learnt"

Contributor

Thanks @tommiesgirl we had a good time and my Mum enjoyed it. We didn’t have any of the really noisy fireworks or rockets as the girls don’t like the loud bangs either.

I hope it wasn’t too bad for you and your pets x
Trusted Contributor

We had dinner with friends across the road, we have fields on two sides of us and the men let off a few prepacked boxes of fireworks away from the other homes, it was loevly to watch and there were no children to worry about, personally I loved it, but can understand how people feel when it goes on for days and says - one of the benefits of living in a rural area  I am glad that yourt Mum @Katharine932 was able to enjoy it - thats what its all about. 

P1080117 2.jpgP1080123 2.jpg

Add a Lidl Joy to your Life
Respected Contributor

They look lovely @JustJoy. I just wish they weren't so noisy.

I cannot believe how long they have been going on already, it seems like its been weeks even though in reality its only a week now. 

Our poor dogs are a bit like zombies today because of the tablets they had to be given over the weekend, I hate that they have lost their characters.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the fireworks die down until New Year now.

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017
Trusted Contributor

luckily we dont have that problem with people letting them off at all times as there are only about ad dozen houses up here and we are all c racking on a bit 😂 and try to behave ourselves.

Add a Lidl Joy to your Life
Trusted Contributor

We heard none at all until tonight (Wednesday after) same as you @JustJoy no children living nearby. @Katharine932