Highlighted
Community Manager

Customise your profile!

[ Edited ]

Happy Friday Lidlers!

We thought it would be a nice idea to suggest a few easy ways you can personalise your profile. Of course, if you like your profile how it is then that is absolutely fine, this is just for those who might like to add a sprinkling of detail... So here goes!

Firstly, adding a profile picture can give your account it's own identity. It doesn't have to be a picture of yourself - it can be anything that you've taken a photo of, old or new. 

To change your profile picture, all you have to do is go to My Settings (at the top of the page) > click the 'Profile Pictures' tab along the top > and then select 'click here to add your own profile picture', then you upload your image.

Secondly, adding a signature will give your messages their own personal sign off. A nice example of this is Angelbear's signature - 'The bear that cares'. Yours could be either your name and a friendly message or even your favourite thing about Lidl. 

To add a signature just head to My Settings > then click the 'Personal Profile' tab > then the 'Personal Information' tab below > finally, add your message in the signature box and click save changes.

Hopefully these ideas will get your creativity flowing - we look forward to seeing some new pictures and signatures soon!

Best wishes,

Matt - My Lidl 

My Lidl Team
Frequent Contributor

Re: Customise your profile!

Id just done my picture recently, but till i had read this not thought of having a signature. Changed that too now, its very easy to do people !!!
If things never changed, there'd be no butterflies
Valued Contributor

will have a go ha ha

Be happy !!!!
Valued Contributor

Hmmm.... have added mine, but am not sure.  

Also thought of  -   'stressed' spelled backwards is desserts

Will have to go away and think about this one.

Super Lidler Class of 2016
No cake for 2017
Trusted Contributor

I've seen various forums made very unsightly by huge .sigs, huge animated .gifs and so on, so the "view sig" option can be useful! Good to have the option. It seems that the huge animated gifs issue may not be relevant; having tested by trying to use one of these, it seems they're rendered nonfunctional!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Might put another picture up if I can find a good'un but for the moment it's my cat doing the honours - with a signature yawn Cat LOL

Frequent Contributor

Seems from the pictures that are up, there are some very well loved pets. Iv enjoyed seeing the pet pictures as much as putting a face to a name of users.
If things never changed, there'd be no butterflies
Trusted Contributor

All done, picture added when I joined & signature added recently but can't seem to find out how to move images from public to private (think I did one by accident but can not see the option for the others (not that they need to be private but just exploring the personalization).

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.

"If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it at all".
Valued Contributor

Meadows wrote:

All done, picture added when I joined & signature added recently but can't seem to find out how to move images from public to private (think I did one by accident but can not see the option for the others (not that they need to be private but just exploring the personalization).

Hi Meadows,

Like everything it's quite simple when you know how.  lol

Go to  My Lidl and click on the image you want to make private/public (they will all be displayed on the right hand side of the screen in your album ) then click on the image options tab and then just move the image where you want it. 

If this does not work get back to me and I'll try and explain a little clearer.

I've changed my profile pic just to show it works for me.

Flossy

Super Lidler Class of 2016
No cake for 2017
Anonymous

Meadows wrote:

@Meadows   if you click on any picture in the albums section of your profile, there just above the photo on the left next to the edit tab  there's  a drop down labelled image options, click that & you can decide where to move your photo to