Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to products

Highlighted
Lib
New Contributor

Changes to products

Hi everyone, I want to find out what people think about the changes to products sold in Lidl. The rot has set in, I fear. Have you found your favourite things in Lidl have had a make-over? Usually the customer loses out, as I have found.

The 1litre size of organic semi-skimmed milk has gone, in favour of the 2 litre size, which I find to be too heavy to lift out of the fridge and also it is just that bit too large for the shelf in my fridge door.

Then there are the dark chocolate digestive biscuits that have shrunk in size for the same price. I have been cheated!

And now I discover that they have changed the brand of cranberry juice from Solevita to Naturis. The Solvita had the usual that you would expect, which was water, cranberry juice from concentrate, sugar and vitamin C.

The new Naturis one has sugar and sweetener, and the other ingredients include carrot concentrate and blackcurrant concentrate, as well as cranberry juice from concentrate and water. It is truly awful! I have thrown the rest of it down the drain! The sweetener has ruined it, let alone knowing that there are other things in it you would not expect. I will not be buying the Naturis one again, sorry Lidl. I am one very disappointed customer over this. And I am not well pleased about the other things that have recently changed as well.

However, now that I have got that off my chest, so to speak, I owe an apology for posting such a long post this first time.

I apologise, and I hope not to have broken any rules. I still shop at Lidl, but I am going to be a lot more choosy now.

14 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Changes to products

@Lib I hate these types of changes too. 

Reading many of the posts and product reviews it appears Lidl are changing a lot of products and not for the better.

sadly have to agree with many of the increasing negative opinions regarding the changes. ☹️

Not good @Lidl 

Rage and Love
Frequent Contributor

Yes, they had better take care. I will not use any product containing artificial sweeteners and they should not be labelled "containing no artificial ingredients" as they sometimes are. We just don't know enough about the long term effects of these unecessary chemicals. Fortunately, quite a lot of Lidl products do not contain these chemicals but one has to be watchful.

Trusted Contributor

Lib wrote:

The 1litre size of organic semi-skimmed milk has gone, in favour of the 2 litre size, which I find to be too heavy to lift out of the fridge and also it is just that bit too large for the shelf in my fridge door.

Then there are the dark chocolate digestive biscuits that have shrunk in size for the same price. I have been cheated!

And now I discover that they have changed the brand of cranberry juice from Solevita to Naturis. The Solvita had the usual that you would expect, which was water, cranberry juice from concentrate, sugar and vitamin C.

The new Naturis one has sugar and sweetener, and the other ingredients include carrot concentrate and blackcurrant concentrate, as well as cranberry juice from concentrate and water. It is truly awful! I have thrown the rest of it down the drain! The sweetener has ruined it, let alone knowing that there are other things in it you would not expect. I will not be buying the Naturis one again, sorry Lidl. I am one very disappointed customer over this. And I am not well pleased about the other things that have recently changed as well.

O don't know about the package size and convenience - I prefer price as a benchmark. That said, the use of litres seems to me to be used by some retailers to do down the customer. Things that "have shrunk for the same price" *really* annoy me.

Speaking of being annoyed, I see you mention the juice. Now you've done it! The very good "Vitafit" multivitamin juice was changed for a substantially inferior one (Solevita in litres=less vitament content/variety, Naruris in 200ml cartons=less vitamin content/variety/nutrition badly mis-labelled/more expensive). Grr!

Now I'm going off for a nice cup of tea and think of flowers and things instead.

Trusted Contributor

Think I will join you in a nice cup of tea @User1 ☕️ 

@Lidl I buy the fea bags in the red box and am happy with these as they are. Just saying 😉

Maybe us Lidlers could compile lists of products we love that don't need changing and products which need changing back.

@Lib@User1@Eccles

Rage and Love
Respected Contributor

Hi @Lib no need to apologize for having a moan or rant about something you feel strongly about, and others agree with you.  

It may be worth sending an email to customer services team, you can contact them from the bottom of this page.  

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016
Respected Contributor

I still do not know why Lidl (and other supermarkets) do not tell their customers when they are going to change the recipe, supplier, ingredients, producer. This also applies to size. The 'Buy Team' know what they are going to buy/change product. So why not tell the customers that something is going to change. Do a taste test. See whether the customers approve and then either withdraw or go ahead with the new product.

Lib
New Contributor

Hi back to everyone, thank you for all your support. I had not noticed that the Vitafit juice had been tampered with by the politically correct brigade (another use for the acronym pcb) but then we only buy the Vitafit Smooth No Bits 100% pure squeezed orange juice - it is the best that Lidl do, in our opinion. We love it and drink loads of it. However, we have noticed that there are fewer and fewer on sale each week and we suspect that they are selling them off, never to be seen again - to be replaced with an alternative, no doubt. We shop at Lidl every Friday, so tomorrow we shall be buying them out, if only half a dozen are left in their fridge!
As for the cranberry juice, I shall just have to shop around for the one without artificial sugar, if there is one out there.
Lidl seems to be on the bandwagon now. Slowly, slowly, they will be no better nor cheaper than all the other supermarkets. Maybe that's what they wanted, all along! Well, it makes me think so anyway.
I wrote to the customer services team about the 2litre organic semi-skimmed milk and they replied very nicely that they will pass on my comments. The usual then - no chance! Unless...
Respected Contributor

I know it's a bit more expensive but Ocean Spray has no artificial flavours, colours or sweetners @Lib I prefer this one to any other I have tried.  

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016
Trusted Contributor

Jade wrote:

I know it's a bit more expensive but Ocean Spray has no artificial flavours, colours or sweetners @Lib I prefer this one to any other I have tried.  

Solution ✅ @Jade@Lib

Rage and Love