cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Parking - FOR INFORMATION

Occasional Contributor

Re: Car Parking - FOR INFORMATION

Seems to me and my family, shopping at Lidl's is fast becoming a liability.

Think I'll go back to Tesco where parking is a pleasure not a challenge.

Rather pay more for less worry and added benefit of cheaper petrol anyway.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@gruffo wrote:

Seems to me and my family, shopping at Lidl's is fast becoming a liability.

Think I'll go back to Tesco where parking is a pleasure not a challenge.

Rather pay more for less worry and added benefit of cheaper petrol anyway.

Right on there @gruffo

Never seen a Lidl Car park full, so just what are they worrying about?

Hardly going to break the bank someone nipping off to shop elsewhere. 

Only get a measly 90 minutes anyway.

Seems like they save a space but lose a customer. Hahahahahaha!!!  Makes sense - NOT!!!!

Occasional Contributor

I consider the parking upgrade is hardly likely to affect many people in a negative way.

Low cost Supermarket's are directed in the main at rough sleepers and those on Benefits and this sector are hardly likely to be arriving in vehicle's. 

Lidl, Aldi, Poundstreachers etc. are to be commended for supplying this service to a part of the community so much in need.

I totaly disagree with the suggestion low cost food tastes horrible. Horrible is found in the sub continent where taste takes second place to necessity. 

Respected Contributor

@gruffo That made me laugh!

Rage and Love
Respected Contributor

Gruffo you have made me feel very bad, had I known my fellow lidlers were on benefits or rough sleepers I would have been nicer. Are the cruises, the abarths the motorhomes, the seat covers all just wishful thinking then, how sad. My heart goes out to @Sx @harryflatters @JustJoy @Jade @Mrsbratwurst @tommiesgirl @ @Barb

I'll never park my big new 4x4 in Lidl again. 

Respected Contributor

@Professorhaggis I am phoning the social or DSS people (whatever they are called these days) tomorrow from my latest eye-phone. They must owe me a fortune in back pay; until I receive it I will stick the Deluxe smoked salmon and free range chickens up my jumper. I will also nip into Waitrose for my free coffee and to Tesco for the children’s free fruit.

I will continue to consume Islay Single Malt Whisky from the bottle (hidden in brown paper bag of course) whilst sheltering under the Lidl News leaflets in the doorway of Sainsburys. If I am lucky I might get a couple of pounds too. Cometh the morning I will meander home for my freshly ground and brewed Lidl coffee and fresh Pain au Chocolate.

After that I will take my reliable, comfortable and well maintained, taxed and insured car to work before repeating the cycle.

To be fair though I moan about Aldi and Tesco all the time so it’s a bit ‘pot calling the kettle’ if I have a problem with people slating Lidl. I actually don’t, its their prerogative. It’s just the fact that the car parking systems in place aren’t exclusive to Lidl and surely people understand that? 

Honestly though I do prefer most of the Lidl brands as does my family and we blind tested many of them.

Rage and Love
Respected Contributor

This universal credit is the bees knees. I have found that by keeping MRs AU, GLW, Mrs whyte goods And ylw all at separate addresses, we are all on target for a nice holiday lasting 27 days in Spain. Need to be home to sign and collect our next month. The cap of 28,000 per household hurt a bit but still gives us a cool £112,000 per annum. Quite adequate for a lidl shopper. @Sx @harryflatters @Mrsbratwurst it fan be a bit daunting form filling, as a friend remarked there were less questions for my shotgun licence, just keep at it, you'll soon feel the benefit !!

Respected Contributor

Correctly spotted young lass. The panel/ the brew/ DHSS/ the Benefits agency have all been renamed as the my lidl community. I found this out for you to my universal credit. @Sx @Jade @Mrsbratwurst @harryflatters keep calm and carry on claiming.

Respected Contributor

Crikey @gruffo, is that how you see all of us. You have a weird sense of perception of Lidl customer's 🤨
If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016 / 2017 Mincepie Maverick and Rebel roaster
Respected Contributor

Ah, my secret is out @Professorhaggis @Tanith Smiley Very Happy I can't believe @gruffo can possible be serious @Jade Smiley Very Happy or perception is, as you say, warped!  Think @Sx might have the right idea (as always). Smiley Happy