cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIEN SHARK RAZORS, new design

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Re: CIEN SHARK RAZORS, new design

Hi Tanith, I am surprised, my local store has removed all the stock from the shelves.
Oddly enough I still have had no response from customer service despite emailing them a full responsevto their email.
The lidl team on here have been in touch as you can see, but sadly not even an acknowledgement from the specific team.
Occasional Contributor

I just called customer service to check they had received the email.
The case is being handled by quality assurance, which can take up to two weeks whilst they communicate with the supplier.
I guess therefore some time next week we should hear some news.
As to a recall, well I imagine if there has only been my complaint and no one else has considered the blades a hazard, then a complete recall may be something they may decide on later.
There are implications of liability to consider, and whilst I'm not the kind of person to issue legal proceedings over a minor injury, the legal departments will be considering options alongside the other teams.
It is easy to become reactionary in these sort of cases, but in reality my information is an advisory to protect others.
I am in profit as they refunded me for the blades and I flicked out the hazardous rear facing blade using a sharp knife.
The fact Lidl are investigating this matter and have so far dealt with it appropriately would be sufficient for trading standards if they have been in touch.

I think patience is the correct thing here.
We aren't discussing a life threatening hazard, albeit potentially one that could cause a nasty injury.
I have confidence the correct outcome will be forthcoming.
Lidl have a reputation to uphold with us the customer and to their suppliers.
Respected Contributor

It is the time and lack of resonse that alarms me.

First, as a courtesy, a thank you e-mail (within seconds or minutes) of the original post.

Then a decision as to whetehr this is a dangerous product or just a cosmetic issue (this might take minutes or even hours).

If it is dangerous (and I think this is) then all stock removed from store (it can always be replaced later) and a product recall notice posted on site (this happens same day) or posted up in store (next day, assuming that the store cannot print its own recall notices).

While all this is going on, the company can investigate the problem.

As you say the big issue for the company is litigation. If someone is injured between you sending the initial e-mail and when they actually issue the recall then the injured party could state that the company has been negligent by not isuing the recall even though they knew the product to be faulty.

Respected Contributor

And now, two weeks after the first post, still no recall. Perhaps Mr Lidl could identify where this issue is, in the 'recall process'!

Occasional Contributor

A recall is highly unlikely.
The new design razor has been launched in a new packaging and is stocked to capacity in my local store.
I am a little sad that no heed to my alert has been considered and more so that no reply from customer service has made it to me yet.
I was so cross when I saw the new packs on the shelves I left my shopping and went home with nothing.
I am uncertain if I will continue shopping in Lidl any more.
I already get the bulk of my groceries from local shops and the bi-weekly market.
All I will miss out on are the bargains and the dry groceries such as meusli. I can get dairy from the farmer's market. As for the rest.... Maybe paying a bit extra and having a bit less isn't ideal but if it is all I can do to make a protest then sobeit.

This will be my last entry here and I shalln't monitor replies.

I feel insulted and bought off. (hello admin...! )
Respected Contributor

This appears to be down to lack of commnication.

Mr Lidl - You have already lost one customer, don't let this be a flood.

Respected Contributor

Who knew sharks needed shaving?  I for one will not be volunteering for that job!

@Tanith@Manin6sheds@Lidl@ragy@Lidl@harryflatters @niceguy

Occasional Visitor

The gentleman who was referring to the trimmer blade on the shark is no different to the Gillette fusion blade it is exactly the same and has been since launch over 7 years ago and that razor and blade is still in production like all things new one must be careful when using a new product till you get used to it or buy a razor that has not got a trimmer blade  I would rather have the new sharp razor and blade than go back to the double sides single razor blades of the past  a good shave is what you want no pulling no scratching just a nice clean shave 

Highlighted

Can no longer get the orange version which attached onto the handle at my local Lidl. The new blue ones in my opinion are the worst I have ever had from Lidl and I won't be buying them again.