cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

99p Event

Respected Contributor

Re: 99p Event

Unlike Lidl, no doubt, I just hope it doesn't bring in too many of the Lidl 'beggars' Smiley Very Happy hordes more people would spoil it!!Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

Poundland are reportedly going down the pan I wonder if some of their branded suppliers have pulled the plug on them and they need to shift the special £1 sized packs ?

Respected Contributor

In addition, many of the items on offer at 99p are often on offer at other supermarkets at below 99p.

The only branded item that I buy (or regularly buy) is marmite.

Esteemed Contributor

A real man @Tanith is a Marmite man, delicious! I've just had a slice of toast with Marmite.

The pamphlet advertising the 99p event obviously has other bargain items. Some great items coming up, both food and non food.
I noticed it was advertising the swede will be 50p. I bought a delicious swede in Lidl yesterday for 49p, so it is best to check the prices before you buy.
This can be the same in any store. I have seen a lot of promotions that are more expensive when I have been buying goods online over Christmas.

The bonus with Lidl veg is it is always fresh and excellent value for money.
I did swede mixed with carrot to go with our roast lamb (Lidls of course) yesterday. I did 4 meals for adults with it, 3 portions for the dogs lunch yesterday and enough for the dogs to have it today too. I put plenty in the lamb stew I made for later this week and there is still enough left over to use with another meal later this week.

I don't know anywhere else that I would be able to get such value Smiley Happy
If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017 C/C;M/M;R/R