cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam mop - how do you store it?

Frequent Visitor

Steam mop - how do you store it?

So I have just cleaned the whole house using the Silvercrest steam mop bought from Lidl a couple of weeks ago, and i am not really sure how to put it away.

If I just stand it in the corner of the cupboard the steam foot might get damaged, putting it back to the box is awkward; takes up too much space.

Any ideas? Shall i hang it up? Lie it down? Take the steam foot off or not? There is nothing about storage in the manual :-( Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

9 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Steam mop - how do you store it?

I put a hook on the wall so my young lady wife could hang hers up. ( her steam mop) ours is not a silvercrest .the mop head goes in the washer after each use Along with other second string items (MY clothes) I suspect there is guidance in the instructions, look for a leaflet entitled "if all else fails-read this". @LuciaR

Respected Contributor

As the gentleman (I use the term loosely) below says, I'd hang it.  I have a Vileda mop, not steam, but it's still damp after use and therefore I hang it up.  The actual moppy bit (technical term) goes in the wash with the dog towels and other disgusting stuff. @LuciaR  @niceguy

Respected Contributor

DILEMMA When one  moves house does one take their hook or have hubby fit another after he's done dinner and the ironing ? @Duchess@LuciaR

Respected Contributor

Yeah but, yeah but, @niceguy, I'm at home doing all the admin, changing addresses for 50,000 things like the cat's microchip!  Someone has to do it.  Anyway, I found a thing on the Homebase site for making little holes in vinyl wallpaper, so that the stripper he hired (yes!) can get the paper off.  My life is now worthwhile.

PS re football, anyone.  Since when did this 2 lions thing arise?  Never heard of it before.

Respected Contributor

Sorry old lass, 2 lions is /are new to me. Why not place a bet on England. A fiver each way would be a good idea. @Duchess@LuciaR

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@niceguythey keep banging on about 3 lions when discussing the footie/y.  Anyway, no money for random bets, cos I'm Ingerlish!

Respected Contributor

Lions (sometimes called 'leopards'!), three of them, were one of the original heraldic symbols of English Kings @Duchess 

The blazon of the Arms of Plantagenet is: Gules, three lions passant guardant in pale or armed and langued azure

with your excellent command of language, you will know the last bit, perhaps surprisingly, means 'blue tongue'!!  No doubt there are thousands feeling 'blue' today! Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Actually, @harryflatters @LuciaR @niceguy I did mean Three lions....typo...  Anyway, I knew the heraldic stuff, but they seem to have emerged this year as a football-related thing.  That's all!  Bet they are feeling blue.  No sign of next door.  Perhaps they're in mourning somewhere.

Contributor

@LuciaR Mine had a base to stand it on so no water leaks out on the floor.