Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

POWERFIX Mesh Mounted Mosaic Tiles

just seen these in the newletter coming up for sale in a few days, no reviews on them though, has anyone bought these from  @Lidl or are they a new product ? They look really good 

Mosaic Tiles

We're never gonna survive, unless,we get a Lidl crazy
please come back Lidl RED you are missed, especially by me!
Respected Contributor

Re: POWERFIX Mesh Mounted Mosaic Tiles

I wondered about these as well.

It would be helpful for Lidl (and others of course) to allow us to trial some of these non-household/food items.

The problem with these tiles is that you need a reasonable number to do even part of a room. This means having a number of good reports and reviews (not necessarily positive) to make an informed choice. The same would be true of paint and other items.

Not having any reviews means taking a leap. Not having anywhere to put the review is worrying.

This is all because if we need more tiles/paint etc we have to wait for the next special week and that will be months away, if at all.

Trusted Contributor

It would be a problem if you ran out halfway through the job or near to completion as the product might have gone by then. You would have to be really accurate in numbers and allow for breakages for example

@Tanith@Nessie

It could be a bit annoying but if you know how many you need I dare say they are a good product. It will be easier once they are viewable in store, but again no ideas on how long they will stay there. Plus they might be subjected to 'batch numbers'. Home maintenance, very complicated 😟 (😀)

Rage and Love
Respected Contributor

I think this is another one of those for Lidl to have in stock so that we can order, click and collect or have delivered to store/home/local pick up point. Batch numbers really important to get the colour match right.

If we are doing a job we need to be able to collect the item within a day or so.

Also would like to know whether, once placed, it can be moved to get the right alignment. With tiles, the adhesive does not set for some minutes, so the tiles can be wiggled into place.

Come on Lidl let us try this product and get some good honest reviews.

Trusted Contributor

Good idea, @Tanith, but they can't really send enough for a proper trial, can they?  BTW the Baufix paint is too gloopy and I gave up trying to use it and I've just returned a spray thing of Baufix mould cleaner, which doesn't work.  Sad, as I have rarely taken anything back to Lidl.

Trusted Contributor

Good idea, @Tanith, but they can't really send enough for a proper trial, can they?  BTW the Baufix paint is too gloopy and I gave up trying to use it and I've just returned a spray thing of Baufix mould cleaner, which doesn't work.  Sad, as I have rarely taken anything back to Lidl.

What on earth is "post flooding", which has been detected when I tried to send this.......ooooer....

Respected Contributor

I have used the Baufix mould spray and had great success from it @Duchess, that's a real shame that the cleaner didn't work for you.

I just wish I had bought more spray so I could do all the walls that have a mould problem in our home Smiley Sad

When you clean off mould DON'T use a brush because it can spread spores which can be bad for your health. The best way to clean it off is with a solution of water and washing up liquid, I find the W5 white one is best,

For more stubborn areas use a multi-surface spray or a bleach spray, I have used the W5 multi-surface spray successfully. 

IF YOU HAVE HEALTH ISSUES SUCH AS ASTHMA OR OTHER CHEST PROBLEMS IT IS BEST TO WEAR A MASK TO [REVENT FURTHER HEALTH ISSUES FROM MOULD SPORES.

Use a rag that you can throw away each time so the spores don't get spread or damage your health, I place my cloth straight into a plastic bag.

Then wipe the area completely dry.

I have been cleaning mine daily in the areas where I can reach the mould, it helps keep it from getting too bad, but I can't always get at it. 

I also bought some of the Baufix paint and used it on my garden ornaments and metal gate in my old house and it was brilliant.

'Post flooding' comes up if you inadvertently click on the 'post' box at the end of a message. It has happened to me before and I expect it's happened to others too.

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016
Respected Contributor

I like the look of these tiles as well @Nessie.

It would be a good idea to know what anyone thinks or how they got on with applying the tiles.

@Lidl, have you had any reviews on these please? Has anyone trialled them?

As you can see several of us would like some more in depth information if possible please.

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016
Trusted Contributor

Be a bit late now, but would would be good to know for the next time they come in, I could use them in my little bathroom and as a splashback between the worktops and kitchen cupboards

Trusted Contributor

still no response, I posted this orginal thread a month ago Woman Sad