Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

IP Camera

Hi, Does anyone know more about the HD IP Surveillance Camera that is available this week please? Can it be used outdoors? Is it both wi-fi and hard wired? I guess the sd card must fit in the body of the camera suggesting that it should only be mounted inside? Can you view recorded images via a smartphone? Thanks, Steve

Trusted Contributor

Re: IP Camera

A very warm welcome to the forum @nodga . I hope we will see more of you on here.  Do have a good look around the forum - there's quite a lot of 'stuff' on it.  We are generally a fun and light hearted bunch so hope you enjoy!!  Sorry I can't help with answers to your questions - not very up to date with all this new technology!  I am sure there are others on here who might well be able to help.  Alternatively, I have in the back of my mind that if you go to the Lidl website, there is a section on there devoted to manuals for the various appliances etc. they have sold.  Being newly available, the one for the Security camera might well not be on it yet but could be worth a try.  In any case, you would be able to see it on their products for sale bit which may tell you a bit more about technical aspects.  Good luck anwyay! Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

nodga wrote:

Hi, Does anyone know more about the HD IP Surveillance Camera that is available this week please? Can it be used outdoors? Is it both wi-fi and hard wired? I guess the sd card must fit in the body of the camera suggesting that it should only be mounted inside? Can you view recorded images via a smartphone? Thanks, Steve

THIS:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=41211&ar=3

says:

• Access live images, videos and recordings via app on smartphone or tablet
  • Automatically records when motion is detected, with micro SD card slot and optional integrated microphone
  • With 6 IR LEDs for night vision, range up to (m): 8
  • Camera connects directly to LAN/Wi-Fi with Plug & Play for easy setup
  • Includes mounting materials and instructions
  • Item intended for domestic use only

Specifications:

• Camera sensor (pixels): HD 1280 x 720
  • Picture angle: H60º/V43º
  • Motion sensor detection range: 90º x 5m

However, don't know about the rest. I'd be inclined to actually look at the thing instore.

The manual may become available on the "Lidl Service" website:

http://www.lidl-service.com/cps/rde/lsp/hs.xsl/index.html

Respected Contributor

Again. This needs to be trialled and commented on. Would like to see a specials (hardware, clothing etc) in product reviews for these things. A single comment on the leaflet rarely gets the entire message across.

The IP cameras that I have used and evaluated (not Lidl's I hasten to add) tend to state various capabilities but when actually used prove to be less than ideal. many claim to be 1080p, but then only work at 10 fps, if you want or need 30 fps or greater then you get 360p or lower.

Some claim to be great at night vision, but are less than good, especially for video.

Respected Contributor

I had the same type of questions in the past @nodga, I decided not to go for the Wi-fi one and just had camera's that were motion sensitive connected up to a television with a recorder, that we activated when we were out.

If you look at this post  'IP Surveillance camera', put it in the search engine at the top of the page and you will see some tips.

I know it dates back a bit and it may not be the exact same camera's but there were some great tips that were shared with me. I found them really useful and they helped me with my final decision.

I hope this helps you too @nodga.

Good to have you with us @nodga, its so good to see our Lidl family growing.

I hope you enjoy our site, as @harryflatters says have a good nose around when you have the time. You will get to see lots of different ideas, opinions and actions as well as getting to know who we are.

I know you can only make our Lidl family even better @nodga, I look forward to chatting with you again soon Smiley Happy

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016