cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duvet or no, Duvet

Respected Contributor

Re: Duvet or no, Duvet

I use a duvet but I do like a 'proper' set of sheets. I really get annoyed when I cannot buy a pair of flat sheets. We never sleep just with the duvet, I have a bottom and top sheet and then the duvet. I find it amusing when we have guests and they never sleep between the sheets!

Summer has to be crisp, cotton sheets and Winter brushed cotton or flannelette!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

As we are cash strapped we find coats bought from the charity shops are warm and cosy, when its cold we add a layer of lidl weekly mags.  @Stixxee@Jade@mrsblazer@tigergold@tigergold  the @ function  has decided to work again @Tarantula

Trusted Contributor

@Tombola My duvet is my home. 

Rage and Love
Respected Contributor

Also like a sheet top and bottom. 15 tog duvet for winter, 4.5 tog spring and autumn, just the sheet (or sometimes laying on top of the duvert) during the summer. Still have just the sheet at the moment - not cool enough for even the low duvet yet. I generate a lot of heat!

Trusted Contributor

Good Heavens @Tombola, old coats from the charity shop.  What a leg pull.  I bet you have the best duck down quilt you can afford especially in the climate zone you live in.

I got some acrylic blankets and during the summer it is sheets and one blanket and if it gets to hot I just sleep on top.  as from now on it is a 4.5 tog and at the end of October the 7.5 tog comes in to use until March , then the 4.5 again.  All depending on the weather.  I could not get used to blankets at first because when I grew up in Germany I was used to a feather bed.  Warm in winter and cool in summer.@Tombola, @Jade, @mrsblazer, @@Tanith, @JustJoy@tigergold, @Duchess, @Stixxee

Respected Contributor

Good grief, @Stixxee I would be burning up with that in the summer. The heaviest I have in the winter is a 7.05 tog and sometimes that is too warm.  

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016 / 2017
Respected Contributor

This is the duvet I am using now. @Stixxee @Easyliner @Tarantula @mrsblazer @Duchess 

Screenshot_2017-09-12-18-03-48-1.png

Trusted Contributor

I wanted one of those duvet but when I got there , only single duvets left. so I have to wait until the next time. Are they as good as it says on the tin, @Jade?
Valued Contributor

What does the "ICE" stand for @Jade?

Respected Contributor

This is what it says on the card @Easyliner @Tarantula  

Feran ICE functional fabric finish for a comfortable cool night's sleep.  

Trademark/ Feran ICE +  cooling effect, absorbs moisture,  anti static. 

1/ Moisture forms on the skin during perspiration.

2/ ICE- FINISH WEAVE, absorbs moisture and quickly transfers it to the outside of the fabric.

3/ The optimised fibre ensures constant evaporation, helping to regulate the body's temperature and leaving the skin feeling comfortable. 

Now, when I bought this as it shows the duvet without a cover on it and the description I wasn't sure if you put it on the bed as it is or inside a cover?  I tried it without a cover during the warmer weather and found it to be too warm and didn't do what it said as I generate a lot of my own heat too!!!  

It doesn't do as it says on ' the tin'  inside a cover  either @Tarantula  but for the weather we have now it is enough and will see me through till the really cold comes later.  

Can anyone else tell me if this is meant to be used with or without a cover please??  Have you found it works as it says in the description?   @Lidl