cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car door dings

Respected Contributor

Car door dings

So, tried to fix the car door ding via internet methods. Failed. Ah well. Has anyone had success removing these things themselves?

Rage and Love
5 REPLIES
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Car door dings

Sorry to hear about the car but I think it depends how deep it is @Sx.

I know many years ago Hubby would just remove the door panel and tap it out himself but that was a long time ago so don't know if the cars are made the same.

I know you can buy small things that are supposed to pull any small dents, I saw one in our local car shop it was around £3 I think. I wasn't really paying much attention we were buying wipers, sorry.

Actually come to think of it, it reminded me of a sort of plunger. Have you tried a plunger @Sx ?

Perhaps you could post a picture so any experts may be able to help @Sx

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017 C/C;M/M;R/R
Respected Contributor

To some extent @Sx it will depend on whether the surface of the laquer/paint is penetrated or if it is just dented (pushed slightly in).  Either way, removing (and particularly successfully and neatly reinstalling it!) the internal 'furniture' and 'door card' to get access to the inner surface of the metal door panel that's 'dented' is actually not that easy to do!  Anything to do with 'body work' is really quite a skilled business so I suspect you might want to ask one of the numerous mobile 'dent and scratch' firms to see what they would charge to do it for you.

Respected Contributor

I used their services once when my prized golf got dinged on the front wing by a man with a trolley in Tesco car park. Parent and child space, I watched the man do it through the window while I was paying. I did have children with me and was not abusing the space. It cost me £30 at the time. I was unamused. This ding isn't as obvious on this car so not worth calling someone out or indeed taking the car to bits or learn smart repair skills and invest in the various tools.

My last car got a car door dent on a particularly windy day in Lidl car park. That did take some paint with it too. Most annoying. It can be cheaper in the long run to ditch the car and shop online! But then I would miss my Lidl pastry treats 😋

Rage and Love
Regular Contributor

QD do a dent puller kit for £9.99.............worth a try

Don't knock it until you have tried it
Highlighted
New Contributor

My Ford Focus got dings under the door lock/handle. Too small to fix but annoying all the same! Sorry but no success - do you go to any car shows or what about the dealership? Someone there might have the answer. Good luck.