Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Accepted Solution

Would you buy Black label milk?

, To all my fellow Lidlers,

Re: Black Label Milk

I have just seen a report on the local TV news about our Dairy Farmers. They are now trying to sell their milk under their own label (Black Label)  it costs 24p per pint more, but the extra money goes directly to the dairy farmer.

Question,- would you buy the more expensive milk if our Lidl Stores stock it.  I would and we know that the milk comes from our own dairy farmers and not imports.

Every Yes gets an imaginary gold star.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Would you buy Black label milk?

Dairy farmers lose money I believe when they sell their milk. It defies logic.

Milk should be ethically sourced with both the farmers and the dairy cows bring treated fairly.

had some Yeo Valley Organic milk the other day Which received great praise and was extra lovely in my cappuccino.

did you say imaginary gold star or real gold bar? I get confused. 

Rage and Love
Valued Contributor

It would imaginary because I would not know how to send a real one over the internet. @Stixxee
Valued Contributor

I probably would if it was good enough to drink, most milk doesn't taste very nice to us these days, it's more like milk flavoured water than real real milk. At the moment  I buy the Aberdoyle dairy in Lidl, the blue top one, which comes from Graham's family dairy and we are very happy with it.

I also buy the Graham's family dairy milk in my local village every week,it's the 2 pint and a bit size but I can only get it from one shop & it costs me 94p a bottle, the other watery brands they sell double the size, are 2 for £2  & you get twice as much in each bottle,but Mr Nessie wouldn't drink it.

so long story short , yes I would Woman Very Happy

We're never gonna survive, unless,we get a Lidl crazy
please come back Lidl RED you are missed, especially by me!
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the reasons I don't buy Lidl milk (fresh) is the low cost. A Bradford based supermarket sells a milk that gives farmers an extra 24 p? @Tarantula@Nessie@Stixxee but I buy local at 1.19  the one 1% on a use it or lose it basis. We only have one shop/post office. Five years ago we had three shops and a sub post office. @Tarantula@Duchess@Nessie@Stixxee

Trusted Contributor

Nope.  That's another one to add to my list of ghastly food;  tea, sprouts and now milk.  Never buy/drink/bathe in it.

Respected Contributor

I have a problem with my oesophagus so I am limited to the kind of milk I am able to drink. However, I do try anything new and I obviously need to get milk for the family and visitor's.

I am more than happy to support Dairy Farmers, I think most fresh things taste so much better.

When I was at school (many moons ago now) we went on a school trip to a dairy farm and it was so interesting,nothing like I had imagined.

We got to try the fresh milk, butter, ice cream, cheese, cream and yoghurt's. They tasted so much fresher and had a lot more flavour because they were not 'messed' around with etc. 

The problem is that by the time these things get to the Supermarkets a lot of the items have been treated with things or had additions to extend shelf life.

I would definitely buy the milk to try and if it was good it would be added to my regular shopping list @Tarantula

Related image Can I have this Gold Star? @Tarantula

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016
Valued Contributor

If I knew how to send these cuties with my limited computing skills, I 'll send you a whole box full @tommiesgirl. Do you have to follow a special diet or just sensible eating and avoiding certain foods which could aggravate your condition?
This black label milk is organic and having seen the farmer holding the bottle, I assumed it was a pint bottle, judging by the shape. I would buy it as well. At the moment I buy Lidl's brand of filtered Semi-skimmed, it is actually drinkable and keeps fresher longer.
Respected Contributor

I tend to buy skimmed UHT milk and water it down. One pint lasts me at least 3 days because I only have the smallest amount.

I am not on a particular diet but I can't have anything spicy anymore, acidic things can cause a lot of pain too.

I am going to post something about medication so I won't go off on any tangents, but it will explain more @Tarantula

Back on subject, I always support small businesses where possible and I visit local farms when I can so that I can get certain foods and things.

I have an Aunt and Uncle I haven't been in touch with for years but when I was younger we would go and stay on their farm.

I loved helping with bringing in the cows, milking, shearing of sheep, collecting the eggs from chicken coops.

I always remember walking through all the chickens and other birds when we were called in for meals. 

We had breakfast around 9am but my Uncle and Aunt had been up for hours by then and most days it was pitch black when my Uncle came in to have his evening meal and bath, having finished for the day.

I think that's why I have always supported farmers where possible, I know how much effort it takes to keep farms running. If we don't support them we will all be living on freeze dried foods before long.

Thank you for thinking of me @Tarantula

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016
Regular Contributor

Hi @Tarantula  sorry but I find 24p per pint extra a bit steep.  I buy milk from the supermarket beginning with M and t I get the one that gives farmers an extra 12p per litre.  I would be happy to pay up to 15p per litre extra but 24p for only a pint which is just over half a litre is just being cheeky.  

I'll get by with a lidl help from my friends