cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your Tapas Tips for Spanish Week

Community Manager

Share your Tapas Tips for Spanish Week

Hola Lidlers,

In the current weather it may seem a big ask to bring a touch of Barcelona to Basingstoke but with the right food on the plate, you can be transported anywhere.

With Spanish Week starting on Thursday, we wanted to get My Lidl talking about tips for tapas, that iconic Spanish cuisine.

What are your favourite tapas, how do you combine them and do you ever prepare them yourself at home? Let My Lidl know in the comments below.

Best Wishes,

My Lidl Team
10 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Share your Tapas Tips for Spanish Week

Looking forward to reading these 😀

Rage and Love
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Personally, I like a good mix of hot and cold tapas and to cover as much of the table as possible. Once a waiter told me that tapas means to cover, or something similar, and so it's always an aim for us now (this is obviously easier when you have one as small as ours). It's not something we'd do often by any means but when there are offers on tapas bits - why not.

The presentation is a big thing. It's nice to have rustic looking bowls and serve on wooden chopping boards and such. Feels more like eating out.

My wife is especially fond of Patatas Bravas so that always has to be on the table, as well as olives beyond that, it's just whatever we feel like on the day.

Trusted Contributor

I thank you @Horner3489 for your wife's recommendation!  Those potato whatsits were on my list to try! Also going for the squid (garlic variety!) and might have a go at those Tapas bowls! - will have to forego the almond biscuits etc. due to waistline issues!!

Occasional Contributor

They're a must try @harryflatters. Lidl have good ones too.

I'm starting to have some waistline issues also, but I daren't face the reality. You're a more sensible man than I.

Trusted Contributor

You're very kind to say that @Horner3489 but also very wrong! My reality faces me on a pretty regular basis I am sorry to say - still, as they say, particularly at my advanced stage of decrepitude, 'we're here for a good time, not a long time!' Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

My dear @harryflatters. Do you remember the Barron Knights from the 60's/70's.

I went out one summer night

To find a chick who said she might

But when the time was right

She said not me

For your the who gave my friend

A waistline that just ain't the trend

And so for you I recommend

The big V.

One of the issues facing an aging society - complaints that were rare due to the fact that most died young(ish) are now commonplace and yet our lifestyles have not changed accordingly (or have changed but in a detrimental way).

Trusted Contributor

Remember the Barron Knights? @Tanith I've been trying to forget them ever since Smiley Very Happy  I'll have you know there is nothing commonplace about my complaints!  I insist they are taken very seriously Smiley LOL and always remember, life is a terminal disease! Smiley LOL

New Contributor

I like your style @Horner3489 ! I've not been to Spain for many years and never eaten tapas to my memory. Never really been swayed by the idea of small plates - 'small' and 'plates' are two words you never find together in our house!!! I'm tempted to try some of the spanish week dishes so we can eat plenty of it - the best of both worlds Smiley Very Happy

any more recommendations of what to try?

Occasional Contributor

@gponder it can be a bit of a scam, buying lots of small amounts of things, but if you have enough variety it can replace a proper meal. The issue is how do you navigate all the dietary requirements people have today? Can be a bit more hassle than it's worth.

Octopus with paprika is a bit of an acquired taste and I don't think Lidl are doing it for Spanish week but it's worth a try at least once for the brave.