cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Racelette Grill

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Racelette Grill

I have just purchased a Racelette Grill and used it for the first time. As a chef I was sceptical that it would be a bit of a kitchen gimmick. I was pleasantly surprised! It was excellent, easy to use and very versatile. I noticed on you tube etc that there are variations to the top of the Racelette such as granite and different cooking surfaces.

Are these available to buy separately?

15 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Racelette Grill

First of all, a very warm welcome @GaryP there's lots of good stuff on here and lots of lovely people too.  A lot of them are clearly 'big' into cooking so will I am sure be interested in any good recipes you come up with!  I hope you will have a look around and we see you again on here. Can't help you with your question though.  We first came across these when we visited our eldest son who lives in Belgium.  We liked the idea so much that they bought us one for Christmas a couple of years ago!  They are great fun to use, especially outside in the barbecue season - roll on that time again! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello @GaryP  and a warm welcome from me too.  Like @harryflatters I can't help you with your question but do look forward to  any recipes you may like to share with us. Any vegetarian ones would be well received.   Woman Happy  

Have a good look around the site and you will soon get to know us all and our funny ways.   Woman Wink 

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016 / 2017
Valued Contributor

Welcome @GaryP as @harryflatters says we all welcome youSmiley Happy Good to hear you cook, look forward to hearing more in due course.

As per your raclette grill, I purchased one some years ago and its a different design to the current one. No extra bits were an option when I got mine, but  I don't know if any extra bits are available now and its best check the user guide and enquire in customer's services. Maybe the YouTube video was a few months old and showed the last model?

I mainly use mine for melting cheese and dunking bread, like a flat fondue Smiley Happy or sizzling fine slivers of stuff.

If you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, then join our forum
Valued Contributor

Have a look at the video and product manuals http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/676.htm
If you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, then join our forum
Respected Contributor

Couldn't find it, @BigAll....probably not looking hard enough?

Respected Contributor

Hello @GaryP its wonderful having you with us, we love having new members and now we know you are a chef we would love to be able to read/try any recipes you can suggest.

If you want a break from your daily routine there are lots of different areas of our forum you may enjoy, have a good nose around I'm sure you will enjoy our site.

We are a wide spectrum of members from all over but we are all a great bunch and we all have one fantastic thing in common, the amazing LIDL.

We can be nosey, we have a laugh as well as some serious moments. We all thrive on the reviews of products and suggestions for Lidl products, so we are just one great Lidl family.

I haven't got a Racelette Grill but it sounds like something more of us may find useful.

I would recommend you contact Customer Services, the team are really good and although they may not be able to give you an immediate answer they do get back to you as soon as they have researched as much as they can.

You can either call them or email them:  customer.services@lidl.co.uk or give us a call on 0800 977 7766.

I hope you get a positive response and I look forward to more chats with you in the future @GaryP

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017
Trusted Contributor

Hello @GaryP we have been using a raclette for years and in fact had one just last night - we do tend not to use the top to cook as ity does create smoke but use the utensil on the top to cook the ingredients and then pop the cheese on top and put under the grill of the raclette. We use Provonce herbs or piri piri spices over it when its cooking

I like putting the bits into small ramekins so we can pick what we want, this is all served over a couple of small cooked new potatoes, then we just reload and start again - with a nice bottle of wine too

P1020762.JPG

P1020763.jpg

P1020765.JPG

Add a Lidl Joy to your Life
Regular Contributor

Bought a large raclette grill at Lidl's back in 2004. Because I had nowhere to store it, I put it at the back of the cupboard where it stayed until I remarried in 2011. We now have it in the place we bought, still unused, we will get around to it one day, meanwhile the mini one was at Lidl, so we bought one with the marble top for our campe van, so hopefully that one we will start using when we go camping in the spring.

Trusted Contributor

they re great, and the small ones so useful in a caravan. we gave one to friends who had a campervan and they used it a lot. they are great to use and its amazing what you can do with it too

Add a Lidl Joy to your Life