cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pastel de Nata

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Pastel de Nata

I was told yesterday that you will no longer have the superb pastel de nata on sale in your bakery!!  What on earth are you playing at?  These were excellent and I am sure were a good seller.  Very disappointed with you indeed.

10 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Pastel de Nata

'Dissappointed' doesn't do my feelings justice @PeterDaw and there will be hundreds on here who will echo our sentiments @Lidl Lidl desperately need to listen better to their customers - at present, as far as we can see on this forum, nearly everything said by us falls on deaf ears!!  or at least, we never hear anything (on here or anywhere else that I can see) from anybody in 'management'!

Respected Contributor

@harryflatters- This is something that we have be suggesting for years. @Lidl management should have the decency to have one (or more) members of the board come on this site and justify certain directions being taken. It might be removal of specific items from sale. It could be changing recipes. It could even be asking for suggestions or making statements about processes and managwement requirements. What they should not do is just stay silent! It appears to suggest apathy or even insolence.

Why has management not made any comments on here about their 'Too Good to Waste' boxes? Why have they not commented on 'out of stock' items and the removal of 'protein rolls'?

There are lots of areas where a statement by management is required rather than the usual 'we can't help here' statement from the admin team. Poor!

Community Manager

Hi @Tanith@PeterDaw and @harryflatters

Please be assured that we do read all comments on the community, and communicate all your feedback and suggestions that you have recommended back to Lidl HQ. 

Your experience with Lidl is a priority to us, and we work hard to try and respond where we can. 

We have passed this feedback to the appropriate team at Lidl and hope to get to you on this issue as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Best wishes, 

My Lidl Team
Contributor

I went last week to my Lidl to see they were going for 39p but as it was summer holiday all the kids had got to them. Went this week to find the sign gone. I was gutted. Hadn’t had them in ages, just wanted a post study treat Smiley Sad
I feel your pain guys @Tanith @PeterDaw @harryflatters
Respected Contributor

Please be assured @Lidl that, I at least, didn't mean that your ears were deaf!  We know very well that you monitor the forum very well and pick up on what we say.  I have no doubt that you provide feedback upwards.  What is more to the point, and has been very well put by @Tanith on many occasions, is that we never get anything from 'management' coming down to us the other way!!  We really want to understand why Lidl are doing some of the things they are doing including why certain products suddenly dissappear without anyone apparently being able to tell us - it also appears to be beyond the wit of anyone in the Lidl hierarchy to be able to tell us if any such product is missing for good or will be coming back and when!  It would be worth Lidl management remembering that, almost by definition, regular contributors to this forum are zealous (or in my case 'evangelical' according to swmboSmiley Very Happy) supporters of Lidl so if we are all getting a bit restless, imagine how the less committed customers must be feeling!  Anyway, thank YOU for listening and do what you can to persuade management to demonstrate to us 'Lidlers' that they are as well!

Respected Contributor

Exactly the point @harryflatters. Information goes UP, but nothing comes DOWN. More importantly, we are told that information is being passed up, but the evidence and discussion does not show that. In my job, the one question I ask is 'Where is the evidence'. Perhaps the question that needs to be asked of SENIOR management is 'Will you come on this forum and feed back to questions that have been asked of you'? Maybe the answer is NO, maybe YES - But there should be an answer.

Community Manager

Morning @Tanith@PeterDaw and @harryflatters,

We have spoken with Lidl HQ and they have let us know that these are select seasonal products that go on rotation in our bakery selection. Despite these being a temporary addition we are pleased to tell you that due to popular demand they will be back!

Hope you have a great day!

Best,

Sophie 

My Lidl Team
Respected Contributor

Or, @Tanith @PeterDaw @Lidl, put one of us on the board.  Sorted!  I'll do it. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I know the only board I'm likely to be put on is if my disc goes again but you might have included me too @Duchess Smiley Very Happy