Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Lidl chocolate crèmes.

There were three sorts, IIRC, sold in short cardboard tubes with "Deluxe" printedon..

Lemon, orange and peppermint.

I thought the peppermint ones would be nicest. To my surprise, I thought the lemon ones quite the nicest!

Have you tried these chocolates? Which sort do you think nicest?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lidl chocolate crèmes.

What does 'IIRC' mean please @User1 or is that the 'brand'?  Anyway, rather partial to chocolate cremes (not clever like you so don't know how to do the 'grave' accent 'thingy!).  Like you, would have expected the mint ones to be favourite but looks like I might have to keep my eyes open for all three at Lidl tomorrow - not helping! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

not tried them yet but will look for them next time I go over, I wonder if they'd make some coffee cremes as well I love them

We're never gonna survive, unless,we get a Lidl crazy
please come back Lidl RED you are missed, especially by me!
Trusted Contributor

harryflatters wrote:

What does 'IIRC' mean please @User1 or is that the 'brand'?  Anyway, rather partial to chocolate cremes (not clever like you so don't know how to do the 'grave' accent 'thingy!).  Like you, would have expected the mint ones to be favourite but looks like I might have to keep my eyes open for all three at Lidl tomorrow - not helping! Smiley Happy

"IIRC" = standard (old!) Usenet acronym "if I recall correctly". There are others, but most of the ones in "dictionaries" now were never used of were hardly used. Also "AFAIK" - as far as I know; YMMV - "your mileage may vary"; "HTH" = "hope this helps" (it most often doesn't....!).

As for doing a graven accent, I copied and pasted it...!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for that info. @User1 and regarding the graven accent, I knew you were 'acute'! Smiley Embarassed I did have a look for the cremes but couldn't see any!!  I had to buy cake as a consolation!!

Respected Contributor

Not had these before @User1 but i am rather partial to the orange and peppermint type.  

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!

Super Lidler of Class 2016
Regular Contributor

florence Nightingale is on a end of festive clampdown, this follows the St.Andrews day, the guy Fawkes and the Hallowe'en, it'll only last a couple of weeks, I know this 'cause I had a peak in her diary and it ends on Jan. 24th. To make way for the after Burn's night fasting. So as you see, peppermint creme' reviews not likely from me. @User1@Jade@Nessie@harryflatters now if you're having a questionnaire on Carr's water biscuits or Jacobs crackers, send me a copy.

Trusted Contributor

Love 'cars' especially quick ones, hence 'harryflatters' -thought Jacob had a ladder but not sure in what connection! Might get a haggis rather than 'fasting'!  Forget the pipes though!

Trusted Contributor

@User1 I fancied these but was economising do left them on the shelf. I hope you have saved a couple for me 😀

Rage and Love
Frequent Contributor

Hate orange with chocolate but my wife loves them, so peppermint ones for me, orange ones for her and another peppermint to share, (true love !!!). We did this again before they disappeared off the shelves. Lovely taste.