cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J D Gross 95% Ecuadorian Dark Chocolate £1.49

Highlighted

J D Gross 95% Ecuadorian Dark Chocolate £1.49

Hello Lidlers,

Thought I'd register and post here because tonight I was passing the food "deals until it's gone" section, not the normal chocolate isle, and this little beauty caught my eye. There were 6 bars of J D Gross 95% Ecuadorian Dark Chocolate sitting there priced at £1.49 each for 125g. What surprised me is I've never seen this bar before and having a quick google also reveals virtually nothing, certainly nothing along the lines of a normal product listing. There's info about an Ivory Coast bar but not so much about an Ecuadorian offering. Safe to say I bought the 6 bars as I love 95-100% chocolate and at £1.49 for 125g it seems a very good price. So, I thought I'd give the chocoholics amongst us a heads up to have a look around for it next time you're in, see if there's some to be found. I've added literally the only picture I could find of it online. ecuador.jpgFinest Arriba Beans

2 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: J D Gross 95% Ecuadorian Dark Chocolate £1.49

@Badgerum Are you enjoying your chocolate?

Rage and Love
Occasional Visitor

Re: J D Gross 95% Ecuadorian Dark Chocolate £1.49

As a diabetic, the higher the cocoa content the better, but 99% is just too bitter and therefore not enjoyable. This 95% bar is just perfect as I only need two squares a night to satisfy my daily craving, being quite rich. I bought this in bulk and am trying to make it last for a few months until it hopefully appears in Lidl again.