Highlighted
Community Manager

Fish for Friday?

Hello Lidlers,

What's on the menu for tonight's meal? Will you be having a traditional fish dish as a Friday Treat?

If you've tried our MSC Ocean Trader 4 Chunky Cod Fillets, please do leave us a review HERE Smiley Happy

Best wishes,

My Lidl team

My Lidl Team
Regular Contributor

Re: Fish for Friday?

I'll give them a try - correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure a couple of months back we bought Ocean Trader Chunky Haddock Fillets which were excellent. When I looked to repeat buy they'd vanished - due I think to the usual range of frozen fish and pizzas being reduced so the freezers could be filled with Christmas stuff

Valued Contributor

we normally have fish  on a Friday but tonight Mr Nessies is having mince and tatties & I'm having a veggie burger.

Those chunky cod fillets do look fab though,I'll  be interested to see what others think , how big they are and how much they cost

We're never gonna survive, unless,we get a Lidl crazy
please come back Lidl RED you are missed, especially by me!
Respected Contributor

There are 21 meals for a week. I do try to make 5 of them fish - whetehr it is kippers for breakfast, smoked salmon in the sandwiches at lunch, or steamed in the evening for dinner.

I tend to eat more fish in the summer than in the winter. It is also easier when abroad, since the US insist on huge portions of meat (and I do not like very large portions) - so fish is a better solution.

So only had kippers yesterday for breakfast.

Valued Contributor

@Tanith I had a two pack of 99p Lidl kippers and ate one and kept one to add to a bland un-smoked fish to make it really tastier Smiley Happy

If you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, then join our forum
Trusted Contributor

Tanith wrote:

whetehr it is kippers for breakfast,.

Kippers are good. I had them for lunch on Wed/Thu. Unfortunately, now, they're *tiny*.