cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dairy Manor butter

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Dairy Manor butter

I bought Dairy Manor, as I wanted a butter that was spreadable, but had quite a shock when I lifted the lid and saw it was bright yellow!! I looked at the ingredients, and found there was food colouring in it. Today's consumers no longer want extraneous additives in their products. Can something be done to return the above product to a proper 'butter' colour.

3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Dairy Manor butter

Hi @ClaireWMills

Thanks for your feedback about the colour of our Dairy Manor butter. 

We have passed your comments onto Lidl HQ for their information. 

Best wishes, 

Sam 

My Lidl Team
Trusted Contributor

@ClaireWMills wrote:

I bought Dairy Manor, as I wanted a butter that was spreadable, but had quite a shock when I lifted the lid and saw it was bright yellow!! I looked at the ingredients, and found there was food colouring in it. Today's consumers no longer want extraneous additives in their products. Can something be done to return the above product to a proper 'butter' colour.

Dairy Manor Spreadable Butter clearly says on the lid that it is Butter blended with Rapeseed Oil - I'd suspect that all non 100% butters (ie spreadable versions) are similar. Maybe you should buy 100% butter and not keep it in the fridge

Respected Contributor

Of course the colour of the 'butter' (believe it, it's not!!) could be changed @ClaireWMills- closer to the 'real thing' or anything else for that matter but it would mean more additives!  As @gruner says, you'd do far better from all points of view including health (as long as you don't use too much of it like me!!), to stick to 'proper' butter.