cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alesto cashews (500g) now missing in Brussels

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Alesto cashews (500g) now missing in Brussels

I used to be able to get 500g bags of Alesto cashews. It was actually the only item that compelled me to enter a Lidl store. They have apparently been discontinued in the three Lidl stores that I'm aware of in Brussels. I only find quantities of 250g now.

Have they been removed from all stores? What is the biggest package you sell?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Alesto cashews (500g) now missing in Brussels

Is this a Brexit loaded question, posed by a nutter ?  @nutter

Occasional Contributor

@Lidl Shame on you for ignoring this post. I will now make it a point to avoid your store.
Respected Contributor

Since you apparently only ever visited Lidl for a specific size bag of cashew nuts @nutter I don't imagine Lidl will lose much sleep over your future avoidance of their stores! @Professorhaggis

Respected Contributor

@nutter This is a forum for chat, not a manned customer service where you would rightfully expect a reply. I am sure @Jade would direct you to the right channel for this as I know she is a superstar helper on here. (Hope you don’t mind me suggesting this @Jade)

Additionally @nutter I am not sure if customer services are multinational, Brussels might not fall under the UK domain.

Just a thought though, could you not just buy two packets to replace your previous one? I suspect this switching of size was a result of customer demand, not everybody likes large packets of nuts. Plus, aren’t cashew nuts fattening when consumed in large quantities? 

Finally, even us loyal Lidlers get annoyed by disappearing/changing products. 

Rage and Love
Occasional Contributor

@Sx Thanks for the reply. I buy a kilo at a time (for stir-fries) and the unit pricing is non-linear. If I buy 4 250g bags, the price is the same as if I go to a bioshop and scoop from a barrel, which has no plastic waste. So without cashew bags of 500g, Lidl no longer has anything unique to bring me through the door. I can get everything else I need from other larger stores.
Respected Contributor

What stir fry are you making @nutter? I rarely stir fry and have never used nuts in one. 

Rage and Love
Respected Contributor

@Sx I've used them in a veggie stir fry before and a sweet and sour mix.  @nutter @harryflatters @Professorhaggis

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016 / 2017 Mincepie Maverick and Rebel roaster
Respected Contributor

@Jade I think I have used them in curry (korma perhaps) but a long time ago as I have pretty much forgotten I ever did! 

Rage and Love
Occasional Contributor

yeah they're good in korma and hot madra as well.