cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 bird roast

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

4 bird roast

Might have been 3 or 5 - lost the box now.  The chef up the road, aka my affianced, cooked lunch for 2 of his friends and me yesterday.  As I have only had a max. of 6 Sunday lunches ever, this was interesting.

The birds were delicious, as were the roast veg and I am told the sprouts were good, but I didn't have any, because they are the spawn of the devil, like tea.

Pudding was a citrus flan thingy and then I produced some frozen Macarons (not to be confused with macaroons), then coffee.  **bleep** fine meal.  I did load the dishwasher, in case you're wondering.  And let him my Wedgwood plates.  What more could I have done?

Well done, Mr Lidl - again!

9 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: 4 bird roast

So, 4 bird 4 a 'snow bird' Smiley Happy  We've had one or other of those a couple of times too @Duchess .  We enjoyed it also and are very fond of roast veg. too - think swmbo saw that being done on one of Mary Berry's shows.  You clearly could have absolutely done no more - you must be exhausted although I see no mention of fine wine!  Smiley Very Happy talking of Mary B, swmbo got her book 'Foolproof cooking' as a Christmas present - maybe that's the one for you??! Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Duchess needs no Mary Berry book, she's got herindoors    him next door. @harryflatters@Duchess 

Trusted Contributor

@harryflatters, @Tombola of course there was fine wine.  As I wasn't doing much, I suspect the lion's share was consumed by me.  After all, the bloke was driving and the woman didn't drink much. So I felt I had to do my bit.  Lidl wine, of course, though no idea what it was.

We are dining at Bath Spa this evening, so off the hook again!

Valued Contributor

I'm sympathetic, me and Florence Nightingale struggle to get by on the pension as well. @Duchess@harryflatters

Trusted Contributor

I can hear the violins from here @Tombola !  Good for you @Duchess I knew you would 'do your bit' Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

sounds wonderful,I'd love to try that 4 bird roast thingie, but can't persuade Mr Nessie

We're never gonna survive, unless,we get a Lidl crazy
Trusted Contributor

May I suggest, @Nessie, as a world expert on relationships (lived alone for over 40 years!)  that you just do it!  What's the worst that can happen?  Do report back from the front when you've taken off your flak jacket! Cat Wink

Trusted Contributor

Duchess wrote:

May I suggest, @Nessie, as a world expert on relationships (lived alone for over 40 years!)  that you just do it!  What's the worst that can happen?  Do report back from the front when you've taken off your flak jacket! Cat Wink

you're right, I should just get one, shouldn't I ? I will be brave soon 

We're never gonna survive, unless,we get a Lidl crazy
Trusted Contributor

If you cook it they should eat it

Nessie wrote:

sounds wonderful,I'd love to try that 4 bird roast thingie, but can't persuade Mr Nessie

Rage and Love