cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoelaces.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Shoelaces.

Where can I get decent "round" black shoelaces? I'm not interested in the thin cotton ones I see sometimes, which snap like pieces of spaghetti, which seem to be the only ones available unless one buys a new pair of expensive shoes, which come with a pair!

9 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Shoelaces.

User1 wrote:

Where can I get decent "round" black shoelaces? I'm not interested in the thin cotton ones I see sometimes, which snap like pieces of spaghetti, which seem to be the only ones available unless one buys a new pair of expensive shoes, which come with a pair!

Have you looked in shoe shops @User1 they would be the most logical place to find them.  There are also supermarkets or Amazon.  

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016
Trusted Contributor

You know those key cutting/heelbar shops they have in shopping centres/malls. They always stock a good range of laces. My nephew owns one so I have " insider" knowledge. @User1

Valued Contributor

@User1 @Tombola@Jade I get mine from a fine pair of shoes  https://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/products/waxed-round-shoe-laces

They have lots in my local prison that they take away from people. Not for fear of suicide, but in case they use them to pick the locks and escape Smiley Sad..... now that is good quality laces Smiley Happy http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1241817/Killer-used-shoelaces-escape-jail-TWICE.html

If you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, then join our forum
Respected Contributor

Try Timpsons @User1, mrb gets all his laces from there

Trusted Contributor

Thank you mrsblazer and compatriots.. I will look. It's not as simple as "look in the usual places" - these places are full of shoe-laces, made of boiled spaghetti, and dyed black.

Respected Contributor

We have a local shop called 'Cheerybuys' who sells 2 pairs of the thick laces for £1, my nephew has them for his trainers and boots, but probably a bit far for you to come @User1Smiley Happy

I keep some in for my Hubby's work boots because they're not too chunky but they are thick and strong for the amount of use they get each day.

Other than that I know my local Timpson's has different laces, I believe @Tombola has said the same. A bit more expensive than we normally pay though but at least you will have what you need.

They are also available on Amazon, I just checked for you @User1

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016
Respected Contributor

I also find that shoelaces provided with the cheaper shoes and trainers are fairly inadequate. Would rather pay an extra 10p (price of the better shoelaces less the price of those supplied) for the better ones.

Trusted Contributor

eBay, the only place to shop!  I have some lovely yellow, pink and blue ones for my Doc Martens!  The boots themselves are floral and they are named after me (not really, but same name), so I had to have them.  Love them, although they do take some getting used to.

Valued Contributor

User1 wrote:

Not round but black leater on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/300562117610?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=40208487538&rlsatarget=pla-278...