Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

FREEZE ON WAY

-10 forecast Friday night in the north of Scotland, yes Minus.

Respected Contributor

Re: FREEZE ON WAY

Tombola wrote:

-10 forecast Friday night in the north of Scotland, yes Minus.

Brrrrrrr @Tombola  hope you manage to keep warm,  have a few of those gins!!  

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!

Super Lidler of Class 2016
Regular Contributor

Oh my goodness, wrap up warm. The heating bills are going to be expensive!

Frequent Contributor

We burn wood in a wood burner from seven-ish to eleven-ish then run the central heating (oil, no gas this far north) but the wood is bought a year in advance and stored in a wood store to dry. Next years wood arrived in early December. This years dry wood is in the loft. We mostly use birch but we got a lucky beech tree fallen, next to oak it gives off more heat for longer as it is so dense. About £100.00 fills the wood store split into logs and delivered. @hazey3@Jade20170114_111510.JPG

Respected Contributor

You need to get those thermals on @Tombola and snuggle up in front of the fire with your better half. Go careful if you have to go out on Saturday as well. x

@Nessie, you and Mr N need to keep wrapped up warm as well. I know you haven't had the best health recently and you can't afford to get bad again. Take care of yourselves x x

Image result for animated shivering                          
If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016
Valued Contributor

tommiesgirl wrote:

You need to get those thermals on @Tombola and snuggle up in front of the fire with your better half. Go careful if you have to go out on Saturday as well. x

@Nessie, you and Mr N need to keep wrapped up warm as well. I know you haven't had the best health recently and you can't afford to get bad again. Take care of yourselves x x

Image result for animated shivering                          

I love that TG ! you would believe the amount of silly men that actually go about like that here in Winter it's crazy and those that are aged 40+ are the worst for it, like think they are really hard men or something!   A real man dresses correctly for the weather in my book.

We had 2 days of really hard frost earlier this week,but there's none around the house today, having said that, walking the dog along the woods on the other side of the village the ground was frozen hard and there was biting wind so we went right into the woods where it was a good few degrees warmer.

We're never gonna survive, unless,we get a Lidl crazy
please come back Lidl RED you are missed, especially by me!
Trusted Contributor

So jealous, @Tombola!  It's snowing here now, but only snizzle, which doesn't count.  I don't approve of central heating - so noisy.  I have to listen to a house 2 doors away exhausting its oil burner towards  my bedroom, all year round.  Awful.  I have storage heaters.  Yes, I have to listen to the forecast the night before.  Easy.  We don't have gas here.  But in these 12 houses, most of them now have oil.  Mad.

Frequent Contributor

We have oil but only running from 8.30 a.m. to 10.30 then lunch hour then dinner hour, from 7 p.m. we run the wood burner then the oil at 11 for another hour. Our boiler is outside and our neighbours are a garden length away. We never run it all night but know plenty of people do. Our boiler is serviced annually and is quite quiet. @Duchess

Respected Contributor

I started to get all excited when it started to snow an hour ago....... Woman Happy     but was soon disapointed after the dozen or so flakes stopped  Woman Sad   nothing much happening out there right now.    Very cold though.  

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!

Super Lidler of Class 2016
Trusted Contributor

Winter draws on then @Tombola