cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Through my Kitchen Window!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Through my Kitchen Window!!

A juvenile Sparrow Hawk, having a meal, I just happened to look out of my kitchen window and there he was, did not seemed worried at all - me watching him! and he has been seen flying about here, there are only about 12 houses where we live and he might have decided this is the place to hang around - hopefully!!

Shielding his killShielding his killJust looking aboutJust looking aboutThis shows how close it is to my kitchen window!This shows how close it is to my kitchen window!

Add a Lidl Joy to your Life
18 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Through my Kitchen Window!!

Trusted Contributor

@Mr__Gus it's totally magic!

Trusted Contributor

@Mr__Gus what is that funny symbol mean as I dont have a clue

Respected Contributor

He seems to use that a lot @JustJoy and I have no idea either????  

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016 / 2017
Valued Contributor

It sort of looks like a dollar sign, but I would like to know too @Mr_ gus @Jade

Trusted Contributor

Very exciting and great picture @JustJoy 

Hope to hear more about your new friend

Rage and Love
Respected Contributor

Lovely JJ. When we sit the bottom of the garden, where we have blackthorn (with sloes) and hazelnut trees there are often many birds just sitting and twittering. They often drop down, searching under the masses of leaves that we keep around the tree trunks to attract insects and fungi. Some keep a wary eye on us, but many just ignore us as they peck. We even drop crumbs of bread for them and they approach us.

BUT if a cat approaches then it is back to the top of the trees. Can get a bit noisy, but this is the countryside. Lovely.

Trusted Contributor

@Stixxee oh we have seen him a few times scooting over or in the garden, he is a sight to behold I must admit!

Trusted Contributor

Marvellous, @JustJoy!  It looks as though it's had some prey, or perhaps was grooming itself, by the feathers in its beak.  Lucky you!