cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Medieval Help Desk - or- how to read a book

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

The Medieval Help Desk - or- how to read a book

Printed books are making a comeback, and the Kindle and its like are in decline. For anyone who doesn't know how to use a book this is the best introduction, although I'm sure most of us on here don't need any help of course.

I used to have many colleagues who were on a Help Desk and this still makes me smile, there are other versions but this is the original.Smiley Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQHX-SjgQvQ

25 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: The Medieval Help Desk - or- how to read a book

Only read printed books. No e books or kindle for me @homebaker 😀

Rage and Love
Anonymous
N/A

I use both, print books are my first love, but a  kindle is easier to read in bed when I can't sleep or if feeling poorly,they're handy for travelling or hospital stays too

Respected Contributor

Everything that @Nessie says.  I find a kindle so easy to read  at bedtime and it is lighter to hold than a book,  specially with arthritic hands and less painful.  

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016
Trusted Contributor

I use kindling a fair amount.

Not sure about e-books, though. Might be smelly. I scrunch up newspaper and use that. It's going to be cheaper, a lot cheaper, I reckon.
Valued Contributor

I agree with stixxee, how weird is that !!! We buy two books most weeks, read them then donate to our local library, they put a nice sticker in with donation printed on. ( no names) we also buy charity shop books which go to the community centre to raise funds. None of this is possible with an E book. Books are for sharing. Defend Kindle if you must but they are a selfish concept. Complaints c/o @Tarantula.   @Stixxee@homebaker@Jade@Nessie

Anonymous
N/A

Tombola wrote:

Defend Kindle if you must but they are a selfish concept. Complaints c/o @Tarantula.   @Stixxee@homebaker@Jade@Nessie

I'm not defending kindle, I just enjoy using one, I buy print books as well, I give a lot of them to charity but cook books I keep because like my kindle books I want to keep on reading/using them and my house is very small so don't have the room for all the books I so selfishly want to keep!

If anyone you know is going into hospital &  likes reading you can loan them your kindle packed with books, that's not selfish is it ?

Valued Contributor

Oops !!!  @Nessie

Valued Contributor

Well only you would lend their electronic library, so you get an exemption. @Nessie

Valued Contributor

Forgot to mention when we donate books to the library, they put them in plastic covers, is that not weird? @Stixxee