cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only ever did this once

Respected Contributor

Only ever did this once

Was very uncomfortable sitting in a cold bath!! 

Screenshot_2018-08-09-18-10-00-1.png

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016 / 2017 Mincepie Maverick and Rebel roaster
12 REPLIES
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Only ever did this once

I remember this being fashionable when I was in my teens @Jade.
It was mainly the boys that continued to try them out though, not my cup of tea, I was into Wranglers.
If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017 C/C;M/M;R/R
Respected Contributor

LEVI'S. Everyone wanted the faded look. So my wife (several wives ago. Best to keep trading in) went off to night shift in intensive care at St. James's Leeds. Gruelling job. So I puts my new Levis in the twin tub on boil wash -- then fell asleep. When I woke up the walls were running with indigo dye. J spent most of the night cleaning it up. The jeans looked great. @Jade @tommiesgirl @harryflatters @Tarantula

Respected Contributor

Well at least you were pleased with jeans @niceguy @Sx @tommiesgirl @Tarantula  Woman LOL  

Respected Contributor

Levi 501s and the advert with Nick Kamen stripping to his boxer shorts in a launderette, that’s my youth. All lost and gone now.

@Jade@niceguy@tommiesgirl

Rage and Love
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

That does half bring back a memory.  I was a budding teenager of 13 and pestered my mum for a pair of shrink to fit jeans for my 14th birthday.  The height of teenage fashion in Germany in 1961and expensive to boot but my wish was full filled.  A school friend of mine gave me the tip to get in to a bath of hot water  and then in very cold water and then let the jeans dry on your body.  Mum was at work and she would be no wiser when she comes home from work BUT she came home early and caught me howling as I went in to the freezing cold water and having used up all the water from hot water tank which had to be coal fired to heat the water in the first place.  Whow, I did half feel the back of her hand.  After all it was worth it, the jeans fitted perfectly.  Nowadays we have "JEGGINGS".  I have a smashing pair with embroidery down the right leg. @Jade, @niceguy, @Sx, @tommiesgirl, @mrsblazer, @harryflatters

Respected Contributor

THAT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. A wee box popped up -- 2 likes reply quick reply -- is this new. @Tarantula - after you're post.  @Jade @Sx @tommiesgirl @harryflatters

Respected Contributor

Although I never attempted this at home, swmbo used to do that sort of thing @Jade @niceguy @Tarantula @Sx @tommiesgirl It also brought back memories of a pair of black 'hot pants' (v short!!) she used to wear with white PVC  boots 'criss crossed' laced to above the knees!  Going to have to go and have that cold bath now! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Ooooh, I had forgotten them @harryflatters I had a pair of white hotpants with a navy trim and those boots too.  Also the mini dress that just covered our modesty....... The 4 inch white pointed toe stilettos, seamed stockings, then came the midi and maxi dresses.... Those were the days!!!!   We were obviously the leaders of fashion as it has come back around again.  Woman LOL  @niceguy @Tarantula @Sx @tommiesgirl  

Respected Contributor

D amn! @Jade I've had to get back into that cold bath again!! Smiley LOL