cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My shopping today

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My shopping today

Well, I actually managed to go and get some of my end of year shopping today. I spent nearly £200 but I did buy a couple of gift sets and other than my Turkey and a Beef joint I have bought enough food etc to get through to the end of January next year. 

I went shopping around 2pm and the store was quite empty but when I got to the tills only 2 were open, it seemed like all of the people in the shop had trolleys overloaded. 

I spoke to a lovely young lady at the Doughnuts, all the tongs were full of 'gunk'. I showed them to the young lady and she said she would take them all and clean them and she used a paper bag to pick up some doughnuts for me and put them in another bag. I think the problem is the doughnuts are on the top shelf and below are the cheese twists and pizza's, customers are using the same tongs for all the items. I think perhaps it would be better if the savoury baskets/trays were on one side and the sweet items on the other.

When I got to the tills the young lady at the till was so helpful and very considerate. My back was so bad I was bent in half, I could barely lift my head above the conveyor belt. She kept offering me help and asking if I was alright. As busy as it was getting, by the time I finished, the lady did not rush me in fact she offered to help me take the trolley out to the car.

That is what I call EXCELLENT customer service @Lidl.  I just wish I managed to get the names of the staff I dealt with today. I have described them to my husband in a text message, so when he goes shopping tomorrow he can look on his phone to determine who they are and get me their names for me Smiley Happy I just hope he can go to the same Lidl store.

You can't really make out much of what I bought but I took a photo of the trolley. I loved the small Christmas tree, it came with decorations and I bought some of the other decorations that were 2 for £2 as well.

Other than that and some gift sets everything else was basic Christmas larder groceries and things like beef mince, diced beef, pork rashers, a couple of Chickens, a gammon and bacon etc.. Oh! except I bought a 9 month matured Christmas Pudding for us and a couple of small Christmas puddings for my Dad.

All I need now is the fresh items like fruit and veg and of course my Turkey Smiley Happy

My trolley was overflowing and now my cupboards are :)My trolley was overflowing and now my cupboards are Smiley Happy

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017
5 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: My shopping today

wow that is quite a shop, i don't even think this would all fit in my kitchen. The mini tree looks so cute. You are one tough cookie, hope you are taking it easy today, i think i would need a weeks rest from that shop, whats the time limit on the parking, i would need all afternoon to do a shop like that.
Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

To be honest I didn't manage to get everything in the cupboards, I have put some bits on the shelf in my utility cupboard.
I also bought a new set of Christmas tins so things like Chocolate biscuits, nuts and sweets (for our granddaughter) can go in them. The tins are so lovely they can be displayed at this time of year too. I will post a couple of photos later @tigergold.

Parking is 3hrs and I took about half that time. I am paying for it today though. My back is bad and I'm bent over still but I can't put any weight on my right leg and foot. My left leg keeps going into spasm today too.
Respected Contributor

Here are tghe Christmas tins I bought in Lidl yesterday @tigergold

20171207_111050.jpg20171207_111021.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Puts mine in the shade over on Food and Drink @tommiesgirl  Smiley Surprised  Can't ever rememember buying that much at any time in my life. Make sure that the army who are coming for this food do all the washing up.Smiley Very Happy