cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How low will some companies go (NOT Lidl)?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

How low will some companies go (NOT Lidl)?

I was drawn to this comment on the BBC [ HERE ]. Whilst the advertising is Factually correct, it is certainly misleading. This is due to the VERY large '12' and the somewhat smaller 'when cut into 4's'. Not only that the 4's should actually be 4s. They could have printed 30 when cut into 10 or any other number. Who in their company actually thought this was a good idea?

I know we have commented on other advertising, but in all cases we come up with the same comment. Somebody thought this was a good idea and got it through all the various checks and balances within the company. What another PR disaster. The tweet that I enjoyed was;

'Here at Quorn, we like to think of ourselves as honest and humble, not brazen or confusing. As a result, we’re going to be changing our Quorn Sausage Rolls packaging in the New Year'. As if anyone would like to think of themselves as anything other than 'honest and humble'.

Advertisers BEWARE! We are watching you!

3 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: How low will some companies go (NOT Lidl)?

i saw this last night. I had been shopping earlier in the day and picked these up. It has 3 sausage rolls in it and i saw the pack said 12 - i thought it was have been a misprint and with all the writing on the pack couldn't see the scored lines on it to cut them up. I was sure it was either a misprint or the pack had come apart, maybe there was a sleeve on it or something.

When i got home, i saw the article, and have to say i understand if you cut them you get 12, but while in the store it really threw me.
Respected Contributor

It is one of those issues, where different size fonts and messages in different locations really confuse consumers.

Respected Contributor

Well, I have to say that's a new one on me and completely outrageous and out of order!  Thanks for letting us know about this ridiculous idea @Tanith @tigergold 'forewarned is forearmed' and I shall look out even more carefully for these nefarious 'marketing' ideas.