cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honesty is alive!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Honesty is alive!

Today I visited our local Post Office to post a parcel. On returning home I was checking my receipt and could not find the £10 I had received in my change. I checked my purse, my bag nothing. I went over what I had done in the PO. I stopped to hold the door whilst puttong my change into my purse. With a sick feeling in my stomach I returned to the PO. As I walked through the door the assistant smiled and said, 'We have something of yours!'. The £10 note had dropped in front of the door, the next person through the door had picked it up and handed it in before they had tried to catch me up! 

I cannot believe how lucky I have been. Spent the rest of the day smiling as my faith in human nature was restored.

9 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Honesty is alive!

A great day for you @mrsblazer, it shows there are decent people in this world. Smiley Happy

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017
Respected Contributor

Would like to know the age of the person handing in the money.

BUT this is often the case in a village.

Trusted Contributor

Yay, what a lovely surprise, there are still a lot that are honest - the other day I picked up a wallet on the pavement just outside morrisons and dashed inside to hand it over to Customer Service - I know it sounds awful but i remember thinking I am glad I picked it up as I knew I would hand it in and not everyonew does it, but alls well that ends well

Add a Lidl Joy to your Life
Respected Contributor

Well done @JustJoy. My hubby handed a wallet in to a Police Station when he was in his teens so over 40years ago. The owner was so pleased he sent him a note with £10 in it, he still remembers it as it was a lot of money then.

When our children were younger we went to a large children's show, our youngest found a £20 note and we took him to hand it in. The security took his name and address, gave us a number to call 48 hours later and if the money had not been claimed the money would be sent to our son.  We were so pleased we had taught him the importance of honesty. 48 hours we called the number and were told they had no record of the money being handed in. Lesson learned, not everyone is as honest as you!

Trusted Contributor

@mrsblazer that would not be an easy thing to explain to a child - that it went missing at the police station!!!

Respected Contributor

It was not a Police Station @JustJoy, it was the security officers at the venue!

Trusted Contributor

Dreadful when you think of it!!

Trusted Contributor

Most of them are on here, @tommiesgirl

Regular Contributor

what a happy ending.