Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting it right?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Getting it right?

Looked at the leaflet for this week.

On the back it states 'Save UP TO 50%' then  has the Formil washing powder reduced from £2.15 to 99p (a saving of nearly 54%).

MrsB has a problem in her store of not having the manned (and womanned) checkouts open.

We have had issues of flowers not lasting and rotting oranges being on display and sold in store.

Is this a slippery slope? Am I being a pedant? Or is this a sign that Lidl like other companies is cutting everything back to the bare bones?

For if it were just a case of personnel and store management, all these problems and issues would easily be resolved.

6 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Getting it right?

Hope it's not a slippery slope @Tanith

Rage and Love
Anonymous
N/A

Tanith wrote:

Looked at the leaflet for this week.

On the back it states 'Save UP TO 50%' then  has the Formil washing powder reduced from £2.15 to 99p (a saving of nearly 54%).

MrsB has a problem in her store of not having the manned (and womanned) checkouts open.

We have had issues of flowers not lasting and rotting oranges being on display and sold in store.

Is this a slippery slope? Am I being a pedant? Or is this a sign that Lidl like other companies is cutting everything back to the bare bones?

For if it were just a case of personnel and store management, all these problems and issues would easily be resolved.

I hope not, but if it carries on then it will be,I think they are taking on too much at once instead of spending time getting things right and building more gradually.

Good value for money & good customer service is key and if people don't get it then they vote with their feet and shop elsewhere.At the beginning of the year I emailed them to politely complain about the problems and disappointment with the several issues that  I had with my Christmas shop,pointing out the long distance I'd travelled especially to spend my money with them, when they eventually replied  they seemed really uninterested, they didn't even apologise and didn't address all the issues I had either which to me implies they didn't read my email and don't value my custom. I replied them to try and get my answers and they STILL haven't got back to me about it and they probably won't now .

Community Manager

Hi all,

We're really sorry to hear this however thank you for the feedback. 

@Tanith, if you let us know your local store we will feed this back to your area manager.
@Nessie, please send us the log number of your complaint over private message and we will follow this up for you.

We take your feedback very seriously and we will be sure to pass this on to the relevant departments. As always, our customer service team is always available to help over the phone on 0800 977 7766, or send an email to customer.services@lidl.co.uk

Best wishes, 

My Lidl Team 

My Lidl Team
Anonymous
N/A

Lidl wrote:

Hi all,

We're really sorry to hear this however thank you for the feedback. 

@Tanith, if you let us know your local store we will feed this back to your area manager.
@Nessie, please send us the log number of your complaint over private message and we will follow this up for you.

We take your feedback very seriously and we will be sure to pass this on to the relevant departments. As always, our customer service team is always available to help over the phone on 0800 977 7766, or send an email to customer.services@lidl.co.uk

Best wishes, 

My Lidl Team 

I gave up deleted it but thanks anyway @Lidl nothing can be done, it needed addresing at the time and not weeks later,it's too late 

Respected Contributor

I must say it does seem we are having a few problems since Christmas, perhaps there is an issue with staffing etc as @Tanith mentions.

I know things will get better, the problems I have encountered have been so unusual.

Customer Services have always been so helpful. I contacted them about the staff knowledge and attitude I encountered when I had to return the Kania gravy granules last year. I got the standard reply stating they would be looking into matters.

Then, about 4 weeks later I had a mail explaining about the granules, which I knew because of the information we found. The rest of the mail said how staff in my store had all been made aware of the issue with the granules and all had been re-trained in the process of returned goods.

CS thanked me for pointing it out to them, apparently they did have staff that had recently joined who did not know all the processes.

I think that was a really good response all round, I understand that some training can be overlooked when they have such busy ties as Christmas but at least Lidl have addressed my query and acted upon it for the benefit of all customers in our store Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017
Respected Contributor

@Lidl

Apologies. My post was misinterpreted and for that I am sorry.

My comment was about the leaflet.

The comment about not having serviced tills came from @mrsblazer on this post.

The comment about flowers not lasting as long as they used to came from @tommiesgirl on this post.

The comments regarding rotting oranges came from @gruner, @User1 (who had provided a photograph), on this post.

All I was trying to do was to bring together a couple of threads and ask the question. It may be down to poor store management, but since this is across several stores it makes me wonder whetehr there is an underlaying problem/issue/concern.