Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday 13th

SOLVED
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Friday 13th

Lucky or Unlucky?

I don't know who said Friday 13th is unlucky but my Grandad was born on Friday 13th (in a November), he was probably the luckiest person I knew when he was alive. He always won things, especially on the fruit machines or at Bingo if he played on the 13th and of course we were a very lucky family to have him.

Now and for the past 38 years I've had my Husband who was born on 13th April, today. He is the best thing that ever happened in my life, a real blessing to me. 

My husband has a twin brother and his daughter was also born on April 13th, definitely a lucky day for him.

Today Hubby bought us a Euro ticket, placed a bet on the Grand National and bought a scratch card with the £2 coin he had left in his pocket. 

He has scratched off the panels on the scratchcard and won £20 .......good start!

Fingers crossed for the Euro and the Grand National now but I couldn't get any richer than I am already being married to such a wonderful man.

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017 C/C;M/M;R/R
12 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Friday 13th

Never mind fingers I ahve everything crossed @tommiesgirlSmiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

No luck on the Euro @mrsblazer.
Everything rides on tomorrow if we are to have that holiday together with @Jade and @Barb.......and our men obviously! x
Trusted Contributor

I was born in a back room in a house at no 13. I have had more than my fair share of bad luck and I never win anything but I class myself as one of the luckiest people in the world as I have found myself a wonderful friend in @mrsblazer and  have two other lovely friends I have yet to meet in @tommiesgirl and @Jade

All good things come in Lidl packages

We want Red, we want Red,
Ee Aye addio, we want Red (back)
Respected Contributor

Couldn't agree more @Barb at having such wonderful friends as you, @tommiesgirl and @mrsblazer.  My life is more richer for having you all in it.  Woman Very Happy   Thank you to @Lidl for bringing us all together. 

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016 / 2017 Mincepie Maverick and Rebel roaster
Esteemed Contributor

Well the winner of the Grand National was the smallest horse number 13!!
My husband decided to choose my favourite food from Lidl "Tiger Roll" .
The winner of the Grand National was Tiger Roll number 13.
Hubby won!!!

I am blessed to have my dear friends I've made thanks to Lidl. My life is definitely richer @Jade; @Barb; @mrsblazer

Respected Contributor

Well I'm bothered! @tommiesgirl how wonderful - good for you and Mr TG! You can buy loads of tiger rolls now!!

Respected Contributor

Was it the grand national? @tommiesgirl If so I completely missed it! No idea.

Rage and Love
Regular Contributor

Got £25 on the Premium Bonds on the 13th!

I gave up betting on horses many years ago, and only knew it was Grand National Day cos it was on the news.

I must lead a sheltered life.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!
Esteemed Contributor

It was the Grand National @Sx. Congratulations to your Hubby @Barb and very brave of him to gamble so much without you knowing, good job he won Smiley Happy

We only bet on the Grand National, its a race my Nan always loved so it always stuck in my mind, she got so excited. I don't actually watch the race, I usually listen because I hate to see horses fall or being hit with a whip thingy.

Well done on the Premium Bond win @Rustyfrog, that was Hubbys' third win too. He has received a cheque for £25 from them in the post as well. He shot up and paid it in the bank on his lunch break today Smiley Happy We haven't ever won anything big on the premium bonds but we have had them for years. I even have a £1 bond bought for me by my parents. 

Any win is a good win, and although I often joke about winning someting big, I'm more than satified with our smaller wins.

I have only ever had one big win, I won a car some years ago. It was the most awful time of our lives, we had some terrible bad luck until we got rid of it.