cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Four day week?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Four day week?

Of course!  That's got to be the answer!!  We are heading rapidly into rising prices and economic chaos and someone comes up with this idea!  No doubt some 'off the wall' leftie group but what I can't understand is how they propose to persuade many of our native workforce to put in that many days!! Smiley Very Happy

12 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Four day week?

The seven day weekenders? @harryflatters

The thing is that the economy is complicated and there is no one size one size fits all option.

when you stand for prime minister I will consider your policies and vote accordingly. 

Rage and Love
Respected Contributor

At least you are still talking to me! @Sx Smiley Happy No doubt some won't - but you know it's a bit 'tongue in cheek' and all 'in the best possible taste'!! I will probably come to power via a 'coup d'etat' and, of course, be a very benign dictator!!  All my 'Lidler' friends (well those that I like and agree with me!!-a rapidly diminishing number?!) will naturally help me form a government!! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Well that sounds like a plan! First on the agenda, bring back discontinued favourites to the shelves of Lidl.

Well, thinking about it there may be more important things to sort out, those wheelie baskets for example!

we can deal with world peace another day... 😳

@harryflatters@Jade

Rage and Love
Respected Contributor

Absolutely right as always @Sx you get the idea! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Ban brexit from dominating all tv news and papers. Wer'e all sick of it @harryflatters @Sx
Esteemed Contributor

Our local dustbin men are supposed to be on a four day week but they get 5 days pay. The idea is that when there is a bank holiday they work on day five, after the bank holiday, but they don't get double pay or anything. 

However, its not working. When we have a bank holiday weekend the bin men are taking at least 2 weeks to catch up but they also end up working the Saturday. 

Actually last week the bin men cam and gathered the bin bags, then they stood leaning on our walls chatting for nearly 2 hours before the lorry caught up with them!! I don't know if they had gone for breakfast or something!?!

So much for spending our Council Tax wisely, we were not consulted before they changed the bin men's working hours.....come to think of it we were never consulted about the Council Tax (Poll Tax)....typical!!!

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it
Super Lidler Class of 2016/2017 C/C;M/M;R/R
Respected Contributor

Spend a day in their shoes pi-_--'g rain. No toilet. abusive clients. Try living without them. Be nicer. @tommiesgirl @harryflatters
Respected Contributor

Are you saying it would be nicer if we lived without them @Professorhaggis or are you exhorting @tommiesgirl and me to be nicer people?  If the latter, @tommiesgirl couldn't be lovelier although I might agree there is room for improvement as far as I am concerned!  And our bin men here in Norfolk are absolutely fantastic!  When are you going away again? Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Looked to me as if t was knocking bin men for sitting about. Those machines take a lot of punishment from people who think an iron bar can go in the crusher frequently they breakdown or jam. That means the crew stand about. But they don't carry breakdown notices @harryflatters @tommiesgirl