Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Following a conversation and thread on the forum

SOLVED
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Following a conversation and thread on the forum

Is it just me or is it getting harder to follow a liner conversation and thread on this forum?Smiley Frustrated

To me the problem seems to be the conversation topic moves off on a tangent and gets liner comments out of time sequence.

Also not using user name tags, (as requested by certain users) seems to move the direction from a named individual to a mass generalization, that may not apply or be relevant to some individuals.

Your thoughts would be welcome.Smiley Happy

If you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, then join our forum
10 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Following a conversation and thread on the forum

Unfortunately @BigAll we have been a family for a long time now and as all families do we tend to go off tangent at times.

There are some conversations that come and go off topic but that's what makes it more light hearted and enjoyable in my opinion.

I also have got to know about who people are through reading just such posts.

If anyone wants to post something where they only want specific responses, its worth just saying so and then those that are interested in the topic will get involved.

As for mentioning names its personal choice whether someone wants to be included in a topic or a point mentioned within that topic.

This forum is not really supposed to be for certain individuals, its for all Lidlers and for that reason anyone can get involved.

Sometimes we mention individuals as a form of banter, its not to put people on the spot, other times we want to name someone for a special reason.

No one should feel obligated to get involved in any part of this forum, that's why members are free to sign up and only take part in competitions or why some people with chaotic lives only get to post occasionally.

As adults we all come on this forum for different reasons and its a light hearted forum,although there are times when someone needs support or a subject that is inappropriate to banter.

I hope I've put my personal opinions so they make some sense @BigAll, personally I LOVE BEING A LIDLER, I'm so grateful to have found this site a couple of years ago.  

This forum is my second family and I like to think I treat it like the members in my 'first family' (sounds like I live in the White House doesn't it Smiley Happy )   I respect and cherish each and every member x

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016
Trusted Contributor

I agree with you @tommiesgirl, you have explained it all so well ✔️👍🏼😀

Rage and Love
Trusted Contributor

Blimey, @BigAll - that's all a bit a technical for  me at this time of day!  I'm one of the worst offenders for going off-piste, as anyone will tell you.  I do it all the time in real life as well.  I explain it by the fact that I have such a massive brain where so much goes on that there is little chance of me controlling it.....  believe that and you'll believe anything.

Community Manager

Hi all,

Please note that our moderators will be removing comments that are not relevant to the conversation subject going forwards. This is to avoid confusion and ensure people can find what they need with ease. We will happily set up a new conversation thread for you should you wish to discuss a separate matter. 

Kind Regards,

My Lidl team

My Lidl Team
Valued Contributor

Lidl wrote:

Hi all,

Please note that our moderators will be removing comments that are not relevant to the conversation subject going forwards. This is to avoid confusion and ensure people can find what they need with ease. We will happily set up a new conversation thread for you should you wish to discuss a separate matter. 

Kind Regards,

My Lidl team

@Lidl  Thanks that is a really good idea.  There have been lots of times when I have been confused trying to follow  a thread.  I love the light-hearted banter that goes on and often join in.  I think that as soon a we go off topic the banter should be allowed to continue on a separate thread so we can continue with the original subject without having to trail through lots of unrelated chat - even if it is interesting or amusing.

Flossy

No cake for 2017 - unless you ask for it! :-)
Valued Contributor

Thank you @Lidl Smiley Happy

I think we can all go a little bit off topic and as long as it come back to the topic, that is fine.Smiley Happy

While I also love the banter and good humor of all the contributions, some posts have gone totally off topic and never returned. Smiley Sad

A separate thread, is a super idea and it maintains the topic and theme in tact. Thank you again Smiley Happy

If you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, then join our forum
Respected Contributor

Me too @Duchess, I think Lidl may get a bit busy with the amount of times we tend to go off subject Smiley Happy but then that happens and has never been an issue before.
If I have caused anyone such a problem I apologise

If some are having an issue I think Lidl will manage it though @Duchess but I hope it doesn't spoil the atmosphere of our site.... being relaxed and free to to speak (within the Lidl T's and C's)

Valued Contributor

@tommiesgirl@Flossy@Lidl@Duchess@Stixxee Its fine to go off track,and we all do it (including me Smiley Sad but the objective it to go back to the subject of the thread and if you want a new track, then start a new thread. Smiley Happy

That way anyone who searches, say "cup cakes" finds info and views on cup cakes and not something else.totally different.

Respected Contributor

@BigAll I agree we can go off tangent sometimes, but usually its because we talk to each other as if we are face to face.

That's how we have got to know each other and made such great friendships. Smiley Happy

I am just pointing out that saying we will stick to topic is one thing, actually doing it is another Smiley Happy We all love a good ol'gossip Smiley Happy

We have all been OK getting information, I think, and I think if we have a particular subject we need more info on we just ask for it.

After all 'going astray' doesn't  happen on every post.

I think Lidl may have a hard time when we get carried away sometimes though Smiley Happy

I just love chatting with my second family and learning about different things, whether they are Lidl products or things we have learned about because of Lidl.