cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Lidl Advertising

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Current Lidl Advertising

I do like the way Lidl are comparing the cost of a single ingredient (Meat. fish etc) with the complete meal. Well done.

Just disappointed that they have decided not to compare the cost of a set meal (Dine in for £x) with the cost of individual elements from Lidl.

Would have thought that the Valentine's day £20 meals compared to Lidl would have been very easy AND you probably would have got starter, main, dessert, wine, coffee and chocolates all for less than £20 and you will probably be able to get a bunch of roses as well!

Remembering that this would have been a 'normal price' for Lidl and hence achoeveable every  day rather than reducing the total to apparently give the customer a special offer.

12 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Current Lidl Advertising

I was thinking the same thing @Tanith I love the current adverts as they really show people how much more they can get for their money as not everyone believes it, they really need to see it before it sinks in.

I was also expecting the Valentine dine in  comparison but not seen one,it's a missed opportunity which is a real shame.

I hope they keep this campaign up for a good while yet it's been one of their best, well done @Lidl

Trusted Contributor

No expense is ever spared here, I know its extravagant but what the ...........So, Lidl were selling miniature roses in pots for 99p just before Christmas, we bought one and potted it on and it has been continually in flower since. This morning I presented it to her indoors on this special day.       Such a considerate husband !!     @Nessie @Tarantula @harryflatters

Respected Contributor

Oh you shouldn't have @Tombola no, I mean, you really shouldn't have - I'm feeling a little nauseous now!! Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Those miniature roses are beautiful, I had both a red and a white rose. I have not much luck, they both died , first the buds dropped then the leaves yellowed and dropped of. The rootball seemed alright so I planted them outside in the border where it is sheltered, so I am keeping fingers and toes crossed that they survive. What was not advertised was a consignment of Waffle Makers and at £9.99 with a 3 year guarantie it was an irrisistable impulse buy. A featherweight from the one I had donkey years ago and I shall be waffleling this weekend.@Tombola
Trusted Contributor

@Tarantula@Tombola I planted the glittery potted tosses I got from Lidl once outside and they are thriving.

Rage and Love
Anonymous
N/A

Tarantula wrote:
Those miniature roses are beautiful, I had both a red and a white rose. I have not much luck, they both died , first the buds dropped then the leaves yellowed and dropped of. The rootball seemed alright so I planted them outside in the border where it is sheltered, so I am keeping fingers and toes crossed that they survive. What was not advertised was a consignment of Waffle Makers and at £9.99 with a 3 year guarantie it was an irrisistable impulse buy. A featherweight from the one I had donkey years ago and I shall be waffleling this weekend.@Tombola

Is that a round silvercrest waffle maker, if so it's very good. I've been using mine almost every week for just over a year now for my oatcakes along with my other double plate one and it's still  going strong 

Trusted Contributor

So it is true then Scottish men have short arms and deep,deep pockets. No wonder the sporran hangs so low. Shame on you! You wife deserved better than the potted on roses no matters how well they grew. @Tombola
Trusted Contributor

Well @Tanith today this was put to the test by myself as I abandoned my £20 M&S dine in deal due to rude cashier and decided to compare Lidl 'deal'. To be fair it is tricky to stay on track at Lidl as the sausages were on offer, the pain au chocolates were 3 for £1, there was a 6 pack of ginger beer I fancied trying and the list goes on...

spent just short of £32 but managed to get the chocolates, wine,rib-eye steak (main), smoked salmon (starter) and strawberries (desert) with sugar snaps (side) (all comparable with choices in M&S) (noticed chocolate fondants, creme brûlée and other freezer deserts which would compare also) for around the £20 mark. The portions were better than the equivalent shop and like you rightly point out there wasn't a hefty discount needed at the till. Only bought the chocolates to prove a point. 

There will be no repeat of the 'dine in' M&S fiasco.

Rage and Love
Respected Contributor

Nessie - What is sad is that we do not know if @Lidl considered the idea and rejected (positive) it OR that they did not even consider the idea at all (very negative). Perhaps they ought to have a few of us looking at future proposals (not really something for everyone as it needs to be kept out of public arena until the campaign starts). I wonder how much they pay their advertising campaign staff? Because we would be 'FREE' (well perhaps not)!

Stix - my sentiments exactly. What a fiasco. I would complain to M&S head office stating how 'this cashier completely ruined my valentine's day, since it was then too late to get a special meal for me', or words like that - laid on thick, but they might get the message.

I did a quick costing (not quite what I would buy, but it did give me an idea of prices).

Smoked salmon (100g) - £2.79
Deluxe Multigrain Framhouse loaf (800g) - £0.79

Chef Select Chicken en Croute (406g) - £2.19
Carrots (1kg) - £0.43
Red Onions (750g) - £0.49
Oaklands baby potatoes (1kg) - £0.79

Deluxe Tarte aux framboises - £2.49

Cimarosa Chenin Blanc (750ml) - £3.89
JD Gross Deluxe Truffles (150g) - £1.99
Bellarom Fresh Ground Coffee (227g) - £1.79
Dozen roses - £3.00

Total cost £20.64 (but would need one lemon - for the salmon - and some green things to go with the chicken, but might have something in the freezer).

As you say, the portions would be better (and even enough for another day). Just wish (and I get tired saying this) that Lidl would have ALL their products on their site together with prices so that we can really compare everything.