cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back from India

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Back from India

What a trip, so many pictures to sort out the wedding ceromonies were over 3 complete days, will be back later just toP1030116.JPG

Simon and myself at the actual wedding ceremony

P1030014.JPG

a gathering of immendiate family

P1030168.JPG

The bride and agroom at another ceremony 

Add a Lidl Joy to your Life
12 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Back from India

welcome back @JustJoy you have been missed,what  lovely photos 

Trusted Contributor

@Nessie its good to be home, got so many pictures to sort out, it was really quite something, the sanitation left a lot to be desired, but it was wonderful to say the least 

Add a Lidl Joy to your Life
Trusted Contributor

Well nothing changes fast in India. The rich stay rich and the poor don't go away. The caste system has not changed at all no matter how hard Ghandi tried. But I found that even the poorest soul was happy with his/her lot. You either love or hate it. I loved it but not in the monsoon season.@JustJoy
Trusted Contributor

Fab! @JustJoy

So exciting too. Lovely photos 

Rage and Love
Trusted Contributor

@JustJoy  so lovely to see your pictures, how fantastic to be invited to an Indian wedding, and to make to trip too glad to hear you enjoyed it. Were you exhausted or exhilarated by it? certainly looks like you were treated like royalty. Are you planning to go back at all or was that enough?

We were invited to one in Kerala a few years ago but unfortunately were not really in a position to take up the offer, but I wish we had now, it would have been a memorable experience I think.

Just watched the first episode of the new series of the Real Marigold Hotel, the current celebrity retirees are living in Kerala for 4 weeks and after the usual culture shock this part of India seems to be winning them over very quickly.

Community Manager

We're glad to have you back @JustJoy and hope you had a lovely time in India Smiley Happy

Best wishes, 
My Lidl Team 

My Lidl Team
Respected Contributor

What a fantasic experiance @JustJoy and beautiful photos.  You and Simon look fab too.  

Pleased to have you back again, you have been missed. 

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!
Super Lidler of Class 2016 / 2017
Trusted Contributor

Welcome back @JustJoy how lovely you look in that wonderful sari.  Mr JJ hasn't entered 'into the spirit' quite so much Smiley Sadbut like the 'titfer'!! Smiley Very HappyLovely photos and look forward to seeing some more when you can get them sorted.  What a fantastic trip to remember!

Respected Contributor

Welcome back @JustJoy. You have been missed! Looks as if you have had a wonderful time. Cannot wait to hear all about it.