Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Tesco surprise deliveries

[ Edited ]

Many people spend Christmas without their loved ones but this year Tesco wanted to help. Watch THEIR four customer stories to see some Tesco surprise deliveries. Do you think Lidl should do the same sort of thing?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWW3MIqAKZfjnLLoGDMGU_ejWL7QDjjSJ

If you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, then join our forum
Regular Contributor

Re: Tesco surprise deliveries

[ Edited ]

BigAll wrote:

. Do you think Lidl should do the same sort of thing?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWW3MIqAKZfjnLLoGDMGU_ejWL7QDjjSJ

No

A cynical ploy by Tesco atrtempting to gain cheap publicity. Lidl need to stick to food retailing - good quality at competitive prices

Trusted Contributor

No more cynical than other stores @gruner. However, it's a lovely gesture and however you bemoan the top 4 according to the financial news they have come out better this Christmas than both Lidl and Aldi.

Regular Contributor

@BigAll you say "Watch our four customer stories " are you a Tesco Employee ?
Don't knock it until you have tried it
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Obidiah wrote:
@BigAll you say "Watch our four customer stories " are you a Tesco Employee ?

LOLSmiley Happy  Absolutely not. @Obidiah @mrsblazer@gruner If you look at the link your see its word for word the same, its called "copy and paste" as I couldn't use my own words as they wouldn't be so complementary Smiley Wink

Now updated from"our" to "THEIR"

If you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, then join our forum
Trusted Contributor

Wouldn't matter to me if you were @BigAll. All supermarkets have their positives and negatives. just because you are involved in the Lidl site does not mean you can not make constructive criticism or mention other places you may shopSmiley Wink

Regular Contributor

Personally, I wonder what ALL the supermarkets did with the "close to expiry date" food they had left over when they closed on Christmas Eve. I'm guessing they didn't hand it all over to food banks or put it in their car park in trolleys and with big labels saying Help Yourself. Keep cool food wasn't likely to go off as many parts of the country the temperature has been the same as the inside of a fridge.

In days of old, so we are told, Lidl waited to be invented.
However people then had but bread and salt, yet lived their lives contented.
Respected Contributor

Good gesture @BigAll but lots of people do charitable acts at ALL times of the year not just at Christmas.

Lidl have their own charities they support and we often read about charitable acts they get involved with on here.

We should read/hear about more of the unknown people who do things for others.

The New Years honours are a prime example, you will read about Victoria Beckhams contribution to fashion on the front pages pf the national newspapers but do you know if there is anyone in your town or city that is mentioned in the national newspapers as receiving one of the New Years Honours for their charitable actions? 

I bet they're not on any of the front pages Smiley Sad

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016
Regular Contributor

@tommiesgirl  - regrettably, the honours list, to me at least, means less and less each year. I just feel that the "famous" people who receive honours devalue the honours for those "real" people who put their life and soul into doing good things for no more reason than they feel it is the right thing to do.

In days of old, so we are told, Lidl waited to be invented.
However people then had but bread and salt, yet lived their lives contented.
Regular Contributor

This year I saw both Ken Dodd and Andy Murray at Wimbledon and in my view, both deserve their knighthoods for skill, endurance and memory.Smiley Happy